eBikes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fewer chances to fall on slick or bumpy road, but I've still took a spill on angled inclines. I've heard it's harder to tip on a quad. Sissy rides in the trailer, I took the sidecar off because of the lack of shoulders in most places we visit, & some drivers have a violent attitude towards bike riders in general, & the trike is 28" wide at the front tires.

Cool Trike!

Plus one on wearing some protective gear, helmet and abrasion resistant suit, gloves, closed toe shoes. No shorts, short sleeves or flip flops. Have a friend approach you wielding an angle grinder and think about where you would be vulnerable and address it with how you dress. Make a ritual of suiting up in protective gear each time you ride. It helps your mind to switch into a more defensive mode for the ride. Helps push potential distractions away. I have had a serious motorcycle accident and sustained injuries from crushing when the bike landed on top of me after flipping over. No abrasions or head injuries as a result of wearing a full face helmet and protective clothing. It makes a difference. The ER doctors didn't have to contend with skin graphs and were able to get right to addressing the internal injuries.

But get checked out regarding the blackout. You need to not get on or behind the wheel of any vehicle if you could blackout without warning. Hope you are able to address that satisfactorily. Then move on to finding a safe way to get around under your own power. Good luck!