eBay LFP seller CALB CA100FL at decent pricing

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the above link is for a Lithium battery. John your description was lacking I had no idea it was for a battery by reading your post. highdesertranger

Thanks for posting this. I knew what it was by the title, but I can understand how some may not.

I'm not ready for lithium batteries quite yet, but I hope that you continue to point out deals like this going forward.

the guy claims they are new, but he also posted this in the add
"The wide variety of items come from storage locker purchases in Las Vegas"

they may look new, but who knows what has happened to them between the manufacturer and the storage locker.

buyer beware???

Fact that he stated so is good.

So if thorough voltage and load testing within a month of arrival showed variability, maybe used cells, could just send them back he pays shipping under Not As Described.

In fact can order the whole lot, then cherry pick the best matching 4S sets and send back the ones not up to spec.

You'd pay double for a vendor actually providing that level of quality service based on a container load direct from CALB.

Tempting but look at his prior sales... He has a total of about $200 over (6) transactions that occurred in July 2018... with mostly video games and one kitchen appliance. He doesn't even have detailed seller ratings yet. I'm more than skeptical at $333ea plus $65 shipping plus $33 handling fee. I have big red-flags going off. Only way I'd touch this is by local pick-up and inspect the items first.

Actually local pickup voids the eBay NQAMB guarantee.

Must be shipped and tracked.

This shipping is cheap, usually $250+ because (wrongly) lumped in with other LI chemistries by HazMat regulations.

forgive me as i dont know squat about ebay. but are you saying that ebays guarantee protects you even though he explicitly states "no returns"?

if that is the case, i dont see how you could lose?

thanks

Yes, exactly, as long as you know the rules.

And don't abuse them to scam honest sellers.
eBay is the therefore the perfect place to buy stuff, but can be a nightmare for the seller.

If sold as Parts Only, then the "no returns accepted" has validity, hard to argue with that.

If sold as category Used, it has to be working.

In theory the seller only has to cover your return shipping if they misrepresented the product, "not as described".

In reality just like good US credit cards, they almost always side with the buyer, burden of proof is on the seller.

As soon as their customer feedback score gets below 97-98%, it becomes almost impossible for them to make a living anymore, have to go into a different business.

And just like all great warranties, 95+% of customers just don't bother.

With an item like these you want to be all ready to go with the knowledge and tools ready to start thorough testing soon after they arrive.