Dump stations near RTR?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wntrhwk

Reaction score
Hello, very new to Vandwelling, still live in a wood box. Looking forward to attending the RTR and meeting new people. I am curious if there is a location close where one can dump a Porta-Poti tank. Thx for the help.

Mike

You will find that out when the information is released for exactly where the RTR is. They always include information about where to go for waste disposal including toilet waste.

there are several RV dump stations in Quartzsite. I use "RV Pit Stop" the have everything in one stop water(filtered well and straight well), propane, and dump. what I like is the water is separate from the dump area. there is something about dumping and getting you water from the same area that gives me the willy's. highdesertranger

maki2 said:
You will find that out when the information is released for exactly where the RTR is. They always include information about where to go for waste disposal including toilet waste.

Thx Maki2, I appreciate the information. Trying to think things out before I get there. Safe travels.

Mike

Thx Highdesertstranger, I appreciate the quick reply. It's people like you who make this process easier and not quite so scary. Looking forward to running into you sometime, or at the least someone like you. Safe travels.

Mike

so I’m not the only one...

“what I like is the water is separate from the dump area.  there is something about dumping and getting you water from the same area that gives me the willy's.   highdesertranger”

Another recommendation for the RV Pit Stop. I have used them many times. Easy to pull in and out. All you need in one stop. Reasonable prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forgot to mention the RV pit stop is at the North end of town on the east side of 95.

come by my camp at RTR and say hi we are very welcoming, well most of the time, LOL. I will make an announcement at the orientation seminar(very first seminar) as to where my camp is located, or ask where the crazy prospector is. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
there are several RV dump stations in Quartzsite. I use "RV Pit Stop" the have everything in one stop water(filtered well and straight well), propane, and dump. what I like is the water is separate from the dump area. there is something about dumping and getting you water from the same area that gives me the willy's. highdesertranger
As well it should. I got wicked sick after one of the Giant stations in Flag assured me that the hydrant at the dump station was actually fine, so I filled my tank and later washed my hair with that water, got some in my mouth, and oh boy.....off to the races. I won't do that again.

The Dire Wolfess

I don't know what other people do, but I think I would filter ANY water used for drinking and cooking that didn't specifically come out of a filtering system.