Dreaming of a new life...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Bones

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Sam Bones (she/her) and I have been dreaming of several combos of mobile life.  Currently I have a 40-yo Volvo 245 wagon and I love car camping in her, even though she's not set up for more than relatively casual trips, but could be tricked out pretty quick if I needed to move fast.  I live in Portland, OR and really, I am living within my means but Covid has knocked my self-employed business off the fence, as well as the outdoor Markets I do my art on the weekends. 
In any case, I feel the call to wrap up financial debts and put together a way to move about-I have friends in many parts of the country as well as Mexico, and I do speak Spanish. 
My life is fairly comfortable where I am but it's definitely not a fancy one and doesn't need to be!  I currently have 2 other roommates in a nice rental where I have lived for nearly 18 years.  But my city has been changing and all the creatives such as artists and musicians and artisans that craft with their own hands have not been able to afford to stay.  The rent has skyrocketed and the people are so involved in relationships with their cell phones and video games...I just can't identify with the social coldness that comes from too much time with technological gadgets. 
The remainder of my small family live in Chicago and I don't have kids.  My other "family" meaning those that choose to be so close as to be family of the heart, are all down in Mexico.  And, I'm single and hoping to meet a like spirit somewhere to blend our crafty and musical lives to support ourselves while enjoying the great outdoors.  Oh, and one of the first things I want to add in my life is a dog!
Anyways, thanks for reading...It will probably be another year or two before I can make any sort of change but I want to make sure I have all the details of what I need to consider.

Latest posts