Do you like the size of frig/freezer you slected.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are two Whynter 45 qt units available.

One is called "SlimFit" and it comes with the narrow sides as front and back. The other is a standard chest type with the long sides being front and back.

I needed the SlimFit for my latest installation as I had more depth available than width.

In my cargo van I had used the standard chest type 62 qt model.

the problem with the freeze packs is you can't drink the water in an emergency situation. if you have a 12v compressor refrigerator you don't need frozen whatever in there. highdesertranger

My mistake.
Substitute using half liter bottles that can be spread out instead one big jug in a 45 qt fridge.

I do not do frozen food at all. Only thing in the two freezers at home are the packs. They were used in a cooler for shopping runs to Pahrump in a vehicle without a 12V compressor fridge.

I don't have the packs with me when I am in the motor home. The power to the fridge is solid.

They are useful when the Norcold N611 goes on strike and lets the temps rise. The packs are in the freezer compartment ready to be deployed.

I always carry plenty of water. A Berkey to purify the fresh water tank's 40 gal. 2 Blue cubes @ 6 gal each (I don't fill above 6 gal). A few cases of half liter bottles for carrying when hiking, three at a time in a backpack, as a reserve for when my 3 liter hydration reservoir runs dry. That means it's time to be heading back.

wayne49 said:
I always carry plenty of water. A Berkey to purify the fresh water tank's 40 gal. 2 Blue cubes @ 6 gal each (I don't fill above 6 gal). A few cases of half liter bottles for carrying when hiking, three at a time in a backpack, as a reserve for when my 3 liter hydration reservoir runs dry. That means it's time to be heading back.

Sounds like you have plenty experience with this [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]wayne49 [/font] and a well thought out plan.  thx for sharing.

Man after my own heart.

The Sawafuji's dont generate much heat at all.

Upgraded over the years from ice to 12 volt to a110 volt fridge/freezer. Love the latest fridge .

Attachments

• F30FF967-7D49-4507-B53B-7714D5900EFB.jpeg
    F30FF967-7D49-4507-B53B-7714D5900EFB.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 3