Dispersed Camping Project

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link..... I've never seen so much free info.

highdesertranger said:
That's my personal view.  I can't stop anybody from publishing anything.  I just wish they wouldn't do it that's why the please was thrown in there.  I am jaded,  so many great spots have been ruined by to many people.  Highdesertranger

I agree with you, highdesertranger. 

It can be a hard pull to ignore, the desire to help people. Plus, it gives the helper status. But if you don't want something taken away or ruined, you need to keep it to yourself. I'm even saying this as a newbie who would love that kind of info, but I'll figure it out on my own. I'm not full-timing, yet, so I have time to figure it all out.

One of my favorite books is How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World, by Harry Browne. He talks about this kind of thing. 

At a previous job, the official parking was a shuttle ride away and the close-in parking was expensive.  There were some of us who took our chances on the street. Well, I found the perfect place to park...no meters and not that long of a walk to work. I never said a peep. Other coworkers found the same spot independently, but they didn't have the sense God gave them and blabbed it all over the break room. Then they came in and complained they had to park further away b/c all those spots were taken. Duh!