Digi-Key Workamper

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousDog

Reaction score
Anyone else here a Digi-Key workamper? Bob's got a new video up talking about it and it's run by the same company that hires for the beet harvest. I signed up for it but haven't got hired just yet. I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with it. RV S.W.A.T. on YouTube likes it.

I've ordered stuff from digi-key over the years, but didn't know they had workampers. I'm not sure that I'd want to go to Thief River Falls if that is where they still are. Still stuck stationary in Oregon.

Only way to be more remote, than Thief River Falls, is to be in Warroad, MN, or Canada.

Warroad and Rosseau (I imagine that Thief River Falls was also in this category) were where the top state hockey players and teams came from. Long winters, with iced over roads, anywhere and everywhere can be a hockey rink.

I may work for Digi-Key soon, but first I'm going to Phoenix to apply with Vista Recreation (RLM-CLM formerly I believe) in person. I'd rather work as a campground host if they have openings on the eastern side of the Sierra mountains.

Yes, Thief River Falls is not on the way to anywhere. I live between Grand Rapids and Hibbing MN and winter is to much for me here. That would be a big no for me...
But it is a beautiful area... I used to Duck hunt up there in the seventies... you’d need some kind of housing as a van would be tough to live in when it’s -20 to -40 below zero. -20 or -25 is worse then the -30 or colder because the wind blows making the -25 feel like -50... where -30 it’s less if any and never any wind when it’s -40. I get chills thinking about it. Haha!

I thought about working there this winter because they will pay for a hotel if you don't have an RV. But if you have a pet, you pay for the room and they reimburse you for it minus the pet fee, which seems to run $10-20 a day. But I can't find a place that allows cats, so I'll wait until next spring or summer and take my RV. BTW, why do places say 'pet friendly' when they usually mean 'dog friendly'? :)

You are asking the wrong audience to get back a decent sized survey result. Most nomads only get a hotel/motel room in emergencies and of those very few are likely to be traveling with a cat.

In the last two years I have only met 5 people who travel with cats. I know one who has stayed in a motel on several occasions while her motorhome was in the shop for minor repairs. Never heard her say her cats were refused.

Last edited: