Diesel Mech in the Las Vegas area??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RvNaut

Reaction score
A friend needs glow plugs replaced in their '95 Ford Turbo Diesel. They are in the Pahrump/Las Vegas area.

Looking for a referral to a decent and honest mech.

thnx

One has to be careful in Vegas, there are two independent diesel shops that I found online [can't remember the names at the moment] and they both has similar negative reviews. The story being the customer needs one thing done, say glow plugs replaced, but the shop won't work on the vehicle unless the customer agrees to a list of repairs that the shop insists on doing.

A friend at the RV park where I home base, who worked and lived in Vegas for some time, tells me that Vegas repair shops will slap a lien on the vehicle if there is any dispute.

I also need some diesel work done, if you hear of a reliable mechanic, I would appreciate the tip as well.

I had the Vegas Ford dealer service appointment person hang up on me when I insisted that I didn't need a full service.

Change your search criteria from Las Vegas to Henderson NV. You will find lots more diesel specific repair shops in that town than in Lost Wages or Pahrump.