Demeaning comment???

Help Support Van Living Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerald Bay

Reaction score
I'm sure there are lots of terms that aren't directed specifically at one person that would be seen as offensive. I wonder if 'creepy' would be disallowed? I've seen that pop up occasionally on this forum. And most of us know how it's used.
That's what it is about? Someone needs a nap.

I am a 65 year old woman, I read the post with the cougar reference in it, not for a second did I find it offensive and in fact, if I recall correctly, I clicked the like on it. I thought it was quite funny.

And yes, as you said, a cougar is a very powerful animal not to be messed with. They can stalk you and you won't know what happened until it is too late. By the time you realize what is going on, their claws are deep in and there is no escape.
If someone called me a cougar I would feel honored.

rruff

Reaction score
I replied to this thread and apparently an admin didn't like it. It disappeared.
I spent little time on this forum until recently. With the sale, I'm now getting a daily email with a listing of posts so it's a constant reminder. Good marketing!

But overzealous moderation is annoying. I had posts removed in the "fear" thread because "discussing guns is allowed but arguing about guns is not". So... discussing our favorite guns is ok? But discussing the efficacy of guns for protection is not, because that might lead to disagreement? Seems like a very pertinent and important topic for this group to me.

I really hate getting posts deleted that I spent a decent amount of time researching and putting together.

rvwandering

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Since some of the members who are questioning the moderation on the forum are relatively new members and may not have read over all of the beginner information I am providing the link to Bob's Rules of the Forum. Even though Bob is no longer the forum owner we are still following these rules.
https://vanlivingforum.com/threads/the-rules-of-the-forum-february-2014.6554/#pid73910
Thank you for your input however I am closing this thread since it does not serve the stated purpose of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.