Debating which to do first.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark is still out in Pirate Camp...............LTVA South Quartzsite..........still in the HOWA tent

We recently helped him get his 300 watts of solar mounted to the top of his REPLACEMENT van

Wooden rails and huge T-hinges allow tilting ......at a Low cost !

Earlier this year all of his existing solar gear was built into a wooden/portable "YAKery" that's now resides where once was a passenger seat............along with the 12 volt fridge

There's a new 27" wide platform bed in the back............not much headroom in a Minivan !

Slowly becoming HOME

Hope he has better luck with tilting panels than I did! Wind gusts were so powerful this year it tore the aluminum frame on the panel! Fortunately didn’t hurt the electrical portion so they became permanently mounted in the flat travel position, if necessary I’ve got more roof space so I can just add panels.

Newer Class C's have cluttered roofs. I saw one that had mounted their panels on a "bed frame", with eight inch legs at the four corners to clear the vents and what not.

Renogy panel mounts have about an inch of clearance from the surface to the underside of the frame.

I have four 100W panels on L angle bars with about an inch between the roof and the bottom edge of the panels. This is on a 1989 25' Class C with lots of open space on the roof.
I have a small class c and I wanted more wattage in the cottage so I removed both center roof vents so I could get 2) 370W panels to fit. One was my fantastic fan so I removed the POS bath fan and installed fantastic fan in the corner bath. Used z brackets with Jacknuts to secure panels with a marine adhesive for added measure. Best wishes!

Mark is still out in Pirate Camp...............LTVA South Quartzsite..........still in the HOWA tent

We recently helped him get his 300 watts of solar mounted to the top of his REPLACEMENT van
Glad to hear that Mark now has transportation/shelter and the generous help from Pirate camp so that he can be on the road again.