Current Caravan locations?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VernContra

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a lost newbee.  
According to the chart on the caravan locations page, as of 12/26 caravan one will be in Parker and caravan two will be in Yuma.
I have seen posts in the forums and at the top of the caravan page that talk about caravan one being at Ehrenberg for a "cleanup"?  
I am in Casa Grande,AZ and would like to join one of the caravans later this week, but I am unsure of where to go, and is there room for more people in one or the other? I know in Bob's videos he talks about there being a limit to the number members of each caravan.
Thanks in advance for helping me out!

In checking the caravans list it appears the Ehrenberg folks will be there until Jan 8th. 
I have not heard anything about it being at capacity as of yet.
I would head there. Someone will chime in if I'm wrong!

I am with Caravan One now at Ehrenberg. We are staying here at the Ehrenberg location and will be helping out with the Ehrenberg Cleanup group. The Clean up group will be here at least til Dec 6 and I think some will stay here until the RTR starts. There is plenty of room here for more. Come on out.

"The Clean up group will be here at least til Dec 6"

isn't that suppose to read Jan 6th? seeing how this is Dec 26th.

highdesertranger

Vern, I pulled into the camp in Ehrenberg yesterday. I’m not part of the Caravan 1 group but came out for the cleanup. There were already a bunch of folks here for the cleanup before Caravan 1 decided to come.

Last night there was a BIG Christmas party and the gift exchange was a hoot and cracked me up especially when the stealing began.

The items that were most stolen back and forth were a sub zero sleeping bag, a one burner stove, a six pack of hot sauce, a coffee press, an led ceiling fan, a set of walnut bowls, and eggnog.

The crotchless thong panties were left on the table.

A fun group. This pic was taken before everybody met at the fire. I’d say there are about 100 people.

a69c8c28d64cf2b442d872b950080328.jpg

dcd3a523d315492cf1e4a83bd333be69.jpg

P.S. Putts ain’t right.

I'll be a few degrees warmer at the Yuma location since it's lower elevation.

HDR, I believe his name is skully. We got a crap load of trash out of the desert today - including one boat! I’m off for lunch but will go back in a couple of minutes. I’ll take pics of the trash pile.

I’m going to stay one more day and then we need to roll to register vehicles and get a P.O. box. We have to but two new panels as the ubv or usb or whatever tape let go and we lost two on the highway. The other three were loose so we took them down.

good karma for all those involved in the clean up.

I think you mean VHB(very high bond) tape, a 3M product. it scares me to rely on that for panels. was it 3M or a clone product?

highdesertranger

It was 3m.

Couple of pics from the cleanup today

f13007f02afefcfc2236e43c0a6f7069.jpg

c2091acdb8c3e557739718d80a3466b4.jpg
c1d90e91312ddc361e9dce35bf422eee.jpg

hey someone threw out a perfectly good man.

thanks Cammalu for the pics and update.

I wonder what the story of the boat is, with the haul numbers it can be traced to the last owner. my guess is it was stolen.

highdesertranger

Another clean up pic a bit later

3036748ff1197d1dda8dfc273b40bbe9.jpg

I would say most people were here to help and did what they could. Of course the vanerazzi were also here just filming for their YouTube channels.

There is another boat sunk in the river. I think they are going to try to get that one also. I hadn’t realized the extent of the trash out here except for where I went where the locals go to plink at targets. That area was atrocious. We got three trailer full of crap outta there and it’s still not done. I don’t think it will ever be ok there without a huge crew and rakes.

The wind is up so no fire tonight.

This cleanup is being sponsored I THINK by freecampsites.net

Boy what a mess out there. I would think the city/county/state should be VERY appreciative.
But maybe that's just me.