CT Health Insurance. But why?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripper238

Reaction score
I have always had health insurance through work but if/when I decide to go on the road full time that will end.

Apparently you need to go through your particular state, which is odd since I wont know where I will be from month to month and whos to say where i will need my insurance. I am also not sure what to expect as far as pricing, some of the online stuff suggests $600 a month but I also don't want massive deductibles and want my prescriptions fully covered.

If you need to apply according to state I assume some states are way better than others?

Do any 100% cover prescriptions?

For the amount some are asking i would be better off just putting that money aside for emergency's and prescriptions.

Definitely going to roll the dice and just save the insurance cost every month to pay for prescriptions.

Thanks guys!

You didn't say if you were young, old, or in between. I think many of the younger crowd do as you said and just roll the dice, going without. Of course medicare is the cheapest way to go if 65+, but I expect you would have mentioned that if you qualified. Did you serve in the US military, and not exit with a dishonorable discharge? You may qualify for coverage through the VA.

Otherwise, I remember watching a YT video on this topic a while back that may have some tips you can look into. Robin has put out some good info in the past, but no guarantee as to what she may offer regarding healthcare insurance, but look back a couple of years and you will find at least one video on the subject. I seem to remember she may have done an earlier video, too: https://www.youtube.com/c/CreativityRV/videos

When I retired at 60 I went looking online, too. The best offer I could find was ridiculously overpriced at $700 monthly for a catastrophic only policy with many high deductibles. I didn't think I qualified for VA back then, as they had been swamped with enrollment's a few years earlier, and had closed their doors to many veterans if they owned a home or had too many assets, but I did end up qualifying so went that route. I now have VA and Medicare!

A direct link to Robin's video:

Last edited: