Creator/Maker spaces

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalartist

Reaction score
For those who need a space for doing projects of any kind that involve power tools and an area to do them in a Creator/Maker space might be the answer for you.  I just recently joined one and now I will be able to start my jewelry business again. The idea behind these workshops is to provide all the tools you could possibly need to complete your creative projects.  The one I joined coats 50 bucks and 10 bucks for a locker which I can keep my projects in.  I’m going to start a list of all the Creator/Maker spaces across the country with links to each  of them.

There is one in the Salt Lake City atea where some members have been working on builds while living in their rigs behind the building. I have not visited it, just know about it from a conversation with someone who was a member of the group.

Then there are places like the community shop at Caballo Loco RV park/campground sort of near Tucson.

At 12:16 in this video:

There is no need to ccreate a list of asll the maker spaces in the country, those list have been online for quite a few years now. Plus allmost all the makerspaces have web pages as well as Facebook and instagram pages. Of course this year all the Makerfairs have had to go virtual instead of taking place at different event venues.

Here is a list for ones around the world
https://www.nexpcb.com/blog/the-list-of-makerspaces

Of course many Universities have one on campus.

Increasingly they are being put into Public Libraries across the country

A lot of new ones begin locally by people getting together on the wevbsie meetup

I do miss being able to go into a bookstore to buy a copy of Make Magazine but they quit publishing it several years ago.several years ago.

Of course I was a maker long before there were makerspaces and also shared space with a product designer so we had our own private maker space with metal working tools, wood working, CNC 4 axis machine, 3D printer, laser cutter, kilns, lathe, sweing machines, carving tools including gravers, welding, soldering, electronics, etc.

Some of us don’t do Facebook. I’m still going to make a list and post it here to help those who will find it worthwhile to use a place like this, especially if they never knew the existed in the first place.

I’m going to start first in Arizona and work out from there as most folks are probably in this area in higher numbers. Due to the pandemic I expect some Creator/Maker spaces are closed or have gone out of business. If you have some recommendations for one please post them!

Arizona Science Center
600 E. Washington St., Phoenix Az. 85004 Tel: 602-716-2000
https://www.azscience.org/attractions/create-makerspace/

Cammalu belongs to the Quartzsite Gem and Mineral club(I believe that's the Name). They let you use their lapidary equipment. Ask her for more details. Highdesertranger

There is an active makerspace in Flagstaff. They were not closed for health restrictions last summer.