Covid19 New Sleeping Area Restrictions

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gslanm. East ? Anywhere close to Kentucky? If you are coming thru you are welcome to stay here. Have a nice camp spot

Have to disagree. California is locked down again after a few days of freedom and we are chock full of vans new and old, RVs new and old and configurations of trucks pulling trailers and interesting builds. Very wealthy suburbs where new home builds start at $4 million although you can buy an old house for a million but the parking lots are full up with these people and no one is bothering them. Each day there are more and more some out of state but mostly California plates. I have never been harassed and I assume since I often see the same vehicles that they are not either. I think if the number keeps growing there may be a problem since this is not empty desert but I’ve talked to a lot of nomads here and they are happy. I don’t know if they realize how hot it gets but I’ll be curious to see if the number grows. Of course California still has a mind your own business mentality except at the beaches.

Cammalu said:
Gslanm. East ?  Anywhere close to Kentucky?  If you are coming thru you are welcome to stay here. Have a nice camp spot

I never left the East Coast in my life but when I start on my journey I will likely try to blend in here for a while since I know the area so well but inevitably I may have to go south or west where it's easier I guess. Kentucky isn't too far. Thanks for your kindness.

I have been running into Walmart problems as well. The big chain truck stops are my choice now. Pilot, flying j, TA and Petro all have safe parking. I would stay out of rest areas except for day use.

jimindenver said:
Today I noticed that the rest stop outside of Flagstaff,Az was truckers only.
How cruel, they are leaving those with tiny overactive bladders no choice. 
-crofter

Some Midwest State Park campgrounds that are usually open past September are not taking reservations.
I am not seeing rents go down as I expected. They are going up.
I see less available also. I do see camp host opportunities.