Constant power

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony's Dream

Reaction score
I recently bought a Jakery.  I plugged in my phone and blue tooth speaker to charge.  They drew about 4-5 amps when they were charging and then dropped down to 1 amp when they were fully charged.  I watched movies with my phone and speaker, while leaving them plugged into the Jackery.  What is better.....leaving your things plugged in and drawing power from it.....or unpluging your things and plugging them back in to charge back up.

Are you in an area that you could set a solar panel out for a power feed to keep your Jackery charged up ? I think at the end of the day, when you are done using your phone, and watching movies, I would unplug them for the safety aspect, but definately keep them plugged in while actively using them.

The Jackery supposedly allows for pass through charging. Many power stations do not.

Supposedly a slightly discharged status is better for battery life, however boondocking is a power hog for internet so plug in is better.

Rechargeable batteries are designed to cycle. Discharge and then recharge.