Comfortable folding chair?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BelgianPup

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a folding chair that's actually comfortable?

I love these :)  it is light to carry anywhere and it gives me leg rest if wanted or put feet down off it for a regular sitting position.  I don't know....these suit ME so well LOL   Just what I love.  Not sure what you are truly looking for but I went thru alot of camp chairs and lounges etc....seems I just love this sucker the most :)

Attachments

• th (4).jpg
    th (4).jpg
    5 KB · Views: 29
This one works great. You will notice that it leans back at an angle instead of strait up and down. That's why it's so comfortable. (Kijaro Chair)

Kijaro Chair.png

I have found the Coleman flat-fold Deck Chair to be the most comfortable of all of the camping chairs. It is sturdy and there is no metal bar right under the bend of the knee. At about $50.00 bucks it is reasonably priced for the quality and comfort that you get. I own 2 of them and would purchase them again without hesitation.

Attachments

• 2000019425.jpg
    2000019425.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 5
I have two of those deck chairs, always enjoyed them. But these past five years my lower back has been causing me pain, so I went looking for a camp chair with lumbar support. Found the Oztent King Kokoda chair, at 80 bucks two years back if I recall. It's got a simple adjustable lumbar support that is really an integrated strap between you and the chair's back. It's the best chair I've owned, now that I've got it's break down and setup dialed in (not complicated).
I see it's currently retailing at USD$129.99, which would give me pause - until I remember what it costs for chiropractic care!
Of course, YMMV.

I have two of those deck chairs, always enjoyed them. But these past five years my lower back has been causing me pain, so I went looking for a camp chair with lumbar support. Found the Oztent King Kokoda chair, at 80 bucks two years back if I recall. It's got a simple adjustable lumbar support that is really an integrated strap between you and the chair's back. It's the best chair I've owned, now that I've got it's break down and setup dialed in (not complicated).
I see it's currently retailing at USD$129.99, which would give me pause - until I remember what it costs for chiropractic care!
Of course, YMMV.
That looks like a real good one, Gussie, as you said..a bit pricey but it looks comfortable!

I guess I'm just "old school" but I've always liked the wooden folding Directors Chair as it knocks down to a manageable size and is sturdy. I save old pillows for a pad on the seat.
These are arm chairs which most men prefer. Women tend to prefer side chairs (without arm rest) I've purchased these for only a few dollars in yard sales because when the joints begin to become wobbly they get thrown into the yard sales. I take them apart and sand the joints and glue them back together with Elmer's glue so they will stay glued. Then drill into the joint with a small drill bit and put a short deck screw into that. They hold up much longer that way. The death of these chairs is the person who wants to lean back in them so far it brings the front legs off the ground. They can't take that stress.

ModernicaProps_RESHOOT_S02154_33x22.5x17_Q2_2_1024x1024.jpg

I love these :) it is light to carry anywhere and it gives me leg rest if wanted or put feet down off it for a regular sitting position. I don't know....these suit ME so well LOL Just what I love. Not sure what you are truly looking for but I went thru alot of camp chairs and lounges etc....seems I just love this sucker the most :)

I love mine! Exactly like that, have had it for 20+ years.

I also have this GCI that i use way more since i can do all kinds of work while sitting and its super easy to take since it automatically folds up by simply pulling on the strap:

1a238fdd-ce87-4df7-91ea-f227fe115d3a

I got this one at Harbor Freight. It was cheaper in store.
It's very light, very comfy. The nylon parts are padded, not just cloth.
The ton of pockets come in handy for stuff like sunscreen, bug spray etc.
Table is a life saver.
Ever walk over to your van with a bunch of stuff from making lunch and then you have to put it down to open the door?
Only had it 2 weeks so cannot comment on durability yet.

I just went to a big box store and sat in all their folding lawn chairs. Picked the most comfortable one that folded up small enough to store in my camper.

I love this GCI folding chair with a rocking motion, but very stable: https://amzn.to/3GL6M65

I found mine at a local sporting goods store but it's also at the Amazon link above. A little pricey and doesn't fold down to next-to-nothing, but I would hate to be without it.