Coleman Camp Oven on a butane stove?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNoodly

Reaction score
The warnings on butane stoves say not to use pans so large they hang over the canister compartment. Has anyone here used a Coleman Camp Oven on a butane stove without blowing it up or otherwise killing the stove? OR how about on a dual-fuel stove while using propane?

I used an oversize fry pan once on the butane stove and didn't blow up anything but I wouldn't want to try overhanging anything for any length of time. The fry pan was only on there for maybe 5 minutes.

I use the butane stove for cooking inside the van and the propane stove for outside cooking. Having the Coleman oven on the butane inside for long enough to bake anything would build up an intolerable amount of heat.

The Coleman oven is not suitable for use on a butane cook top. But the Omnia oven is.

MrNoodly said:
Interesting, though pizza would be tricky.  :D
Pizza muffins?

I have a cast-iron skillet and a one-burner propane stove. Thinking about getting a cast-iron griddle for use as an oven "base", then topping it with the skillet to make a stove-top oven. That Omnia sure looks nice, but a griddle would be a LOT cheaper.