Coffee Miroco Milk Frother repair

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterPiper

Reaction score
Like Coffee? Me too.
I like fresh hot coffee with Hazelnut creamer whipped up in a milk frother in the morning with a thin slice of lemon pound cake. Mmmmm!
So I have this nice little machine called a Miroco Milk Frother and recently it started acting up so I decided to repair it.

Milkfrother.jpg

Disclaimer - Do not attempt any of these repairs unless you are competent to handle AC mains line level voltage.

After about 15 minutes of opening it up and diagnostics I found a couple issues.
Moisture had gotten into the electronics area under the mixing chamber and caused a few problems but most significantly, the motor was moisture damaged.

So I ordered a new motor ($3.00) and replaced a few components ($1.00) and it was like new again.
These things are going up in price like crazy (isn't everything?). I originally paid $25.00 for it now they're about twice that.

It has two parts..the power supply base (AC be careful) and the actual frother unit.
If yours goes on the fritz and you are comfortable with a multimeter check the contacts in the base first for proper 120v AC (in the USA)
There are 3 contacts, the one on the outside is ground so set your meter to AC and check the two inner contacts.
Since it's AC, doesn't really matter which lead goes on which contact.

(Make sure you unplug everything and are competent before continuing)
If it's getting power and you feel like a winner, remove the 3 screws on the bottom and you'll see the PC board, heater wiring etc.
The motor is held in by 3 screws.....remove those 3 screws and twist the PC board and switch slightly to the Left to clear the LED light bezel then lift the PC board and motor assembly out.....

Pictures coming.......

To be continued.........