Cat Thread. (Dogs allowed.) but Cat Thread.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotSmart

Reaction score
Like the title says, This is a spot to brag on your cat.  I would appriciate it not going to the dogs, but they are just as much people as cats.  I do not descriminate even though I like cats more.  It takes all kinds to make life work.   :D  

First I will post my cat Tigger.  

Many of you know him.  He is about 13 years old now, and demands the privelage that comes with age.  He seems to understand English, but does not speak the language.  We have been to two RTR's together.

Attachments

• the boss.jpg
    the boss.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 6
Orange kitty! The cat I referenced in the other thread, Chelsea, she was a pretty orange cat. Just loved that little furry body.

This is Rowdy, found her just as her eyes were opening, her mother had been hit by a car. Bottle fed and spoiled.

Rob

IMG_0107 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0107 (2).JPG
    IMG_0107 (2).JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 11
I can't post photos, but I have three.

Black Bart is ten. He was 3 months old when my friend who runs a cat rescue in Olympia asked me to help her trap a momkat and five kittens who were living under a bar downtown. They kits were both feral and blind, apparently from a taurine deficiency. Fortunately, with good nutrition, they got their eyesight back, and four of them were adopted in pairs. I kept Blackie. All of them seemed to start their lives when they got their eyesight back in my spare bedroom, and none of them ever acted feral.

The Weasel is a blue tuxedo, the smartest cat I've ever had. He even comes when he's called.

Lacie is an orange tabby with white trim. She is the Weasel's sister, but he got all the brains, and she got the purrs. This is Lacie's IQ: http://static1.bigstockphoto.com/thumbs/8/0/1/large1500/108075170.jpg

They will all be going with me when I hit the road.

Hey Rob, your Rowdy needs a cat fishing pole.  A stick with a long string.  It keeps you from having to run to play with her.  Just sit and flick the fishing line. 

TC, it sounds like you have an entertaining group.  They always work off of each other, just like kids.

Not a cat fan, but loving this thread. Really like seeing pics of 'em! Still getting a dog, but my partner wants a cat.

I have a dog, but do want to get a cat as well. I've seen photos and videos of people that walk their cats and dogs together and that is my end goal!

I have 2 cats Kona (he is a grey DSH) will be 10 in May and Kissa (Long Haired Tortie with "catitude" to match!)and she just turned 10. My son is going to home them for me when I hit the road But since I have seen and heard of many traveling cats I think I might try to see if Kissa will adapt to traveling with me and my dogs. I will wait a couple months when I'm more settled and my dogs are more settled so there is less stress for her to pick up on. Kona is kinda showing some signs of really having some aging issues so I think he will be better left in a cozy sticks and bricks. I will try to post pics. Love your kitties!

I had cats before the dogs. The most interesting was a feral black manx named Kasees. 25 pounds, rock solid and mean was a understatement. Mated with our calico and produced a white manx, what a beautiful kitten. He guarded the house against cats. dogs and even humans until a little girl tried to pet the kitty when he got out one night. Had to have him put down after that.

When I moved into this neighborhood ten years ago, it was overrun with skinny, sickly feral cats.  Began feeding, trapping, and spaying them.  Four days ago, I started my truck and knew instantly something was wrong.  My mechanic repaired three sections of destroyed wiring and removed a rat's nest. I'm feeling used and abused. Damn fat cats. :rolleyes:

Perhaps a little less food?  The rats wil live as close to a food source (cat food) as they can.  Only feed the cats once a day, then remove it.  They will start hunting.  :D

Well maby twice ~~~

Well-fed cats make better hunters IF the cat is a hunter. It gives them the patience to wait until the right moment to pounce, rather than being so desperate for a meal that they jump the gun, so to speak.

Many people think all cats are good hunters naturally, and they're not. Just like an adult teaches their kids, a hunting momcat teaches her kits (if she's not trapped in a house). A kit taken from his mom at 10-12 wks tends to be a far better hunter than one taken at 6 wks. If a kit sees a mouse, there's only a certain amount of instinct involved.

Not much of a hunter: http://www.allcat.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/cat-and-mouse05.jpg

Almost every day and sometimes more than once a mole is brought into my house... I must have a slew of them out there this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Almost every day and sometimes more than once a mole is brought into my house... "

Where are you, and do you rent your little guy out?

This was Yoda, a lady friends cat. I was playing around with one of my film cameras loaded with B&W film when Felicity said, you need to take a photo of my cat, so here's what I got. No flash was used in a low light setting.
I'm glad I did now because Yoda has been gone for a bit more than a year.
medium800.jpg

I never wanted a cat but a friend's son was going to jail for a year and I (reluctantly) agreed to keep her until he got out.  He got out in 6 months and I never saw him again. 9 years later, Skeeter (now 16) is still with me - loving life on the road.

Attachments

• DSCN3060 (2).JPG
    DSCN3060 (2).JPG
    430.2 KB · Views: 13
IanC said:
I never wanted a cat but a friend's son was going to jail for a year and I (reluctantly) agreed to keep her until he got out.  He got out in 6 months and I never saw him again. 9 years later, Skeeter (now 16) is still with me - loving life on the road.

That Skeeter looks warm and happy   :cool:

My cat slips out the door, and heads to the van.  He loved Arizona. 
When I have to go anywhere, he wants to go along.  I think he is hoping for another road trip.