Caravan - Arriving Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traveler451

Reaction score
Hi Caravaners,

I am coming from Moab and will be arriving in either Ehrenburg or Anza-Borrego (have not yet decided which I want to go to) on this coming Tuesday or Wednesday (18th or 19th), probably by about 3pm.  For either site, are there things I should keep in mind?  I have already read through the special directions on the website.   For those of you reading this who are already with either group, do you have a suggestion for which I might want to go to?  Are you happy where you are?  Are there daily gatherings (informal) with your group?  Do you feel safe at your site?  I would appreciate any input before I arrive!   :)

Thanks,
David

David...………...welcome to the group...….I'm not with the caravans but I did visit #2 while in "Parker"

I asked around the campfire....."do you use/read Bob's forum"...….The response was ""NO.....we don't want Lurkers"" (?)

Someplace there as a visitor I felt uncomfortable...……They watch the videos to find info……….

Only one person reads the forum......hey David

Caravan # 2 uses a facebook acct and messenger to communicate...…..They "vette" your identity...…

Caravan #2 split also...…..half traveling to Ehrenberg to meet #1...…..half on to California and the original destination Anza-Borrego

Good Luck

Remember it gets dark rather early this time of year, so plan your arrival before sunset so you aren't trying to find the place in the dark. Anza-Borrego is about 2.5 hours farther west.

Both locations have good Verizon signals.

traveler451 said:
Hi Caravaners,

I am coming from Moab and will be arriving in either Ehrenburg or Anza-Borrego (have not yet decided which I want to go to) on this coming Tuesday or Wednesday (18th or 19th), probably by about 3pm.  For either site, are there things I should keep in mind?  I have already read through the special directions on the website.   For those of you reading this who are already with either group, do you have a suggestion for which I might want to go to?  Are you happy where you are?  Are there daily gatherings (informal) with your group?  Do you feel safe at your site?  I would appreciate any input before I arrive!   :)

Thanks,
David
I was with Caravan 1 and nice people. Wandered off for a few days and will be going back. Good signals there. 2 group meeting a day and fire at night.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

MrNoodly said:
Remember it gets dark rather early this time of year, so plan your arrival before sunset so you aren't trying to find the place in the dark. Anza-Borrego is about 2.5 hours farther west.

Both locations have good Verizon signals.

Thanks, Ms.Noodly.  I was delayed but plan to be at Ehrenberg on Friday early afternoon.  Looking forward to it!
David

abnorm said:
David...………...welcome to the group...….I'm not with the caravans but I did visit #2 while in "Parker"

I asked around the campfire....."do you use/read Bob's forum"...….The response was ""NO.....we don't want Lurkers"" (?)

Someplace there as a visitor I felt uncomfortable...……They watch the videos to find info……….

Only one person reads the forum......hey David

Caravan # 2 uses a facebook acct and messenger to communicate...…..They "vette" your identity...…

Caravan #2 split also...…..half traveling to Ehrenberg to meet #1...…..half on to California and the original destination Anza-Borrego

Good Luck
Thanks, Abnorm.  I appreciate your perspectives.  Have a great day out there!  :)
David

Is there a bunch on the run from the law there? Seems like they are trying to keep a low profile and not making it very accepting. Don't know what damage "lurkers" could cause.

I find this very strange too. this is suppose to be a CRVL thing. all this hush, hush there is more privacy on face book, any body can read Bob's forum. so what, again why do you need all this privacy, so there are lurkers on Bob's forum but not face book, that's one of the most absurd things I heard recently. Doug is one of the nicest friendliest guy I know, for them to give him the cold shoulder just isn't right. it seems these caravans or at least one of them needs to lighten up and include us in the discussion. highdesertranger

Seems like the antithesis of CRVL: divisive and exclusive

I can’t imagine cold shouldering Doug either. I was lucky enough to get to camp with him last year and he’s the very best!

I’ll be camping at YARC Camp with him again this year.