Car Shield?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 36413

Reaction score
A lot of us have older vehicles, campers, and RV's. I was looking a buying a camper van but it has 200k miles on it already so it's going to be needing lots of repairs and probably a new engine and transmission.

I've seen commercial for "Car Shield" on TV and I thought that it must be expensive or a rip off but now I wonder if it might be worth it for an old van that is bound to break down.

Any thoughts on this?

Most if not all of those extended warranty scammers have clauses in their "fine print" that let them off the hook in actually covering your vehicle if/when the unfortunate time comes to use it.
"Buyer Beware" on these services...

I looked into car shield this year. They only cover your vehicles up to 150,000 miles. Most people don't have issues with their vehicles before then. My quote was $75 per month....or $900 a year! If you have this plan for 3 years, it would cost you $2,700. You would be better off saving the $75 in an account to be used to repairs.