Can anyone recommend a company that can put in solar panels in Phoenix

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giggles

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm happy to say that I did NOT sell my van because I was able to find a full time job that I could do with my disability. Whew! So I'm keeping the van.

But I want to put in solar panels and a lithium battery, and that's just not something that I can do on my own because I have a high top van. Can anyone recommend a company (or a person) in the Phoenix area that installs solar panels on high top vans?

Thanks,
giggles

JiminDenver is the local(ish) solar guru. Look for his profile here and send him a message. I think his YouTube channel is Solar Boondocker.

Can you physically get onto the roof to potentially clean the solar panel(s)?
I am personally unable to climb to be able to periodically clean the panels to keep them in optimal performance, and instead use the portable panels. Unfortunately they cannot be used while driving on the road.

Perhaps there is now a way to pressure wash roof mounted panels from below, SSSolar???

Can you physically get onto the roof to potentially clean the solar panel(s)?
I am personally unable to climb to be able to periodically clean the panels to keep them in optimal performance, and instead use the portable panels. Unfortunately they cannot be used while driving on the road.

Perhaps there is now a way to pressure wash roof mounted panels from below, SSSolar???
Most folks seem to use a ladder (portable, or mounted on the van), to get up and manually wash with water. I wouldn't use anything harsh. I use water only and a manual scrub. If panels are REALLY bad, I will use Windex or a generic glass cleaner.