C-Head

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.G.K.

Reaction score
[font=Times New Roman, serif]20180218_174614 (2).jpg20180218_174614 (2).jpg20180218_164155.jpgI have built a tiny house van. It has turned out quite comfortable. But I wanted to share with you the toilet I installed that turned out better that expected. I purchased a C-Head with no churn, but with a urine diverter. So basically I have a bucket that is lined with a garbage bag. The urine instead of going into a bottle, it's now plumbed to drain into a floor drain. I have installed a hose with a fan that exhaust out through the roof. This fan has created a negative air pressure inside the toilet. When you use the toilet there is no smell. I don't use any media and paper and baby wipes goes in the toilet. I have also found that I can use it as a garbage can for anything that will mold and small. Like food waste cooking geese goes in the poop bucket. I can go over a week before emptying the bucket. I can stop at a gas station and start fueling the van. Jump inside the van pull the bag out of the poop bucket, put it in my other garbage bag and throw it away before my van is filled with gas. It's also very easy to clean. The fan is installed in the white coupling.[/font]

Attachments

• 20180218_164155.jpg
    20180218_164155.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20180218_174614 (2).jpg
    20180218_174614 (2).jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 10
C-Head has a great rep, along with Nature's Head.

Seen lots can't afford them do a DIY setup.

> The urine instead of going into a bottle, it's now plumbed to drain into a floor drain.

Which goes where?

Pics please, especially your ceiling ventilation setup?

20180220_211957 (2).jpgI have my C-Head installed in my shower stall. It sits right over the floor drain. The floor drain goes into a gray water tank that is mounted under the van. The penetration through the roof I used PVC fittings and an electrical lock nut. I point the outside elbow towards the back of the van and when I got the inside elbow where needed I tightened down the lock nut. Then sealed with Dicor self-leveling sealant. My exhaust comes out under one of my solar panels. The computer fan uses very little power. It is rated for two tenths of an amp, but when tested it's using one tenth of an amp. I do a lot of city camping and don't like using public restrooms and showers. The convenience and safety of taking a shit and shower inside the van is awesome.

Attachments

• 20180220_211957 (2).jpg
    20180220_211957 (2).jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 6
if urine is going into the grey tank, then it's not a grey tank it becomes a black tank. just saying. highdesertranger

How does the grey water with urine get emptied?

If boondocking in environmentally sensitive areas, different from urban areas?

How big is your van? What are the dimensions of the shower stall?

I have one sewage tank what ever color you want to call it is empty at a dump site. Where I live, there are several gas stations that have them. Easy and convenient, dump your tank fill with water and fill with gas. They only charge for gas. I have a Promaster van high roof and spent the last two years building it. I'v just sold my house and now live in my van full time, but still working full time. It amazes me how hard it is to let go of all your positions and quit a good job. My van is a little different than most as I don't have a shower stall. I have a queen bed across the back that is raised up for storage underneath. Next to the bed on driver side is the c-head that is attached to the aluminum sided wall. The opposite of that is my bath cabinet and sink. The floor area I made a shower pan incorporated into the floor out of 1/8th inch aluminum. The rest of the floor in the van is also aluminum with one inch foam insulation underneath. The walls I have two shower curtains. One curtain is used as a door to close off the back of the van for privacy the other curtain goes across the bed and bath cabinets. So my shower stall is also my bath and dressing room which makes it good size. I am having problems posting pictures because the file is too large. I camped with Bob in Parker and he took some video of the van. You can ask him when he is going to post them on You Tube. Its the van with the slide out.

I hope not to get off topic. But has anyone ever cut a hole in the floor pan of the rig and inset the shower pan in there? Then it could be covered up with a floor board when not in use. I know much will depend on how much clearance there is under the floor of rig.

Roadtreks do it in the center aisle and yes off topic. Want to know more? Start a new thread.