Box van value search

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzly708

Reaction score
Is there a Kellys Blue Book or something like it that covers used uhaul or penske box vans???

Not that I can tell. I've simply been watching craigslist nationwide to see what I'm looking for can be had at. After 6 months, I now know what the market is for what I'm interested in.

I'm looking for a 16 foot or larger Ford E450 7.3 liter Powerstroke turbodiesel with the over-cab extension. Currently there's one available in Dallas for under $6000 and under 200,000 miles. But usually, they go for over $7500. Regular gas powered models can go much cheaper.

I just bought a '97 F450 V10 w 187k

16' box w attic

Front four feet was professionally converted to rv

Bed
Cabinets
30 gal fresh and grey water tanks
Water heater
3' shower stall
LP furnace
Roof AC
6kw Honda generator
Fridge
Two burner stove
Micro
House batteries

Paid $5,500

I found a late 80s with a Ford E460 engine. It is gonna be a gas guzzler. I plan on keeping it parked until I can transfer with my job and move to new orleans.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Vehicles don't do well sitting weeks at a time in my experience, be sure to drive it around after it warms up to circulate lubes,prevent things from rusting, and tires from flat spotting.

Things I know. Thanks for the reminder. It is gonna be a beast to drive. I plan on towing my car with it when I move. I need to find someone or somewhere to go to teach me how to handle a beast and tow. Towing, I have zero experience with.

RenataAllison said:
Nashville, TN

My second home town! 
You have one of the best teachers in the country there. It's been 15+ years since I have talked to him, so I don't have his contact info right now. He should be easy to find. His name is Hugh McNaughton , he and his wife Joy live in Hermitage.  He has a hunting and fishing show on the PBS channel in Nashville.  His wife Joy is the leading commercial property realtor in Davidson county. I will see if I can get his info, but you should be able to find him. If you contact him or her tell them Bill from pinecreek archery club sent you.

Oops, just found out Joy is hughs ex'wife. 
Southern outdoors is his tv show on 5+