Bought a shuttle bus!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you get it insured? Also, have you found a source for tires?
State Farm seems to be the main insurer that will insure a 'commercial vehicle for personal use '. It isn't cheap!
I'm getting it inspected to transfer it over to an RV title asap!!!

Finally found tires with heavy duty load rating E tires to put on it that aren't priced like they are gold plated. Almost nobody keeps 225 /75 r16 tires in stock. They must be ordered. Tires are going on Thursday or Friday.
Oil has been changed. Fuel filter changed(over $70 for the filter 😳 )
There is an exhaust leak going into the turbo and that will get fixed this week as well. It's getting the back deck completely redone. My welder is nearly incoherent about what a poorly done, weak job whoever built it did.
It came with a jackknife sofa that is practically unused that was mounted to wood. I have a 100 gallon rectangular water tank and it's about the same size as the couch base. I had my welder build a frame for the couch tall enough that the water tank will fit under it 🥰
Going to get welder to build a cage for my catalytic converter.
Getting a car decal remover wheel and a refrigerator when I go to town today. After doing research the 10.1 cu ft Magic Chef seems to be the best ratio of cu ft to electricity used. A refrigerator is the last thing needed to qualify to be inspected as an RV in Texas.
Hoping to have everything done that has to be done this week. Throw all my stuff in it and be on the road next week!

How is it going, Gypsy?
It isn't yet. The mechanic took too long to get it ready. I physically handle heat because of my medications. So I had to leave Texas for the summer. I will be heading back in a couple of weeks to get the bus ready and head out.
Currently in Mexico and going to pick a few things up for the bus here.....like a decent small washing machine. Lots of storage compartment and some stacking plastic stools. Ohhh and a new rope chair swing!

While out of the States --- Smallish portable washing machines... look for highest RPM spin cycle - makes for EZ quick drying... one dropped from USA sales had 1400rpm and twin tubs so last load rinse water could be used as next load wash cycle...

https://www.danby.com/en-us/products/washing-machines-en-us/dtt100a1wdb/
Yeah, its borderline quality but get one that doesnt know it and work the heck out of ir : )

Just make sure you know the water usage of any washing machine you're looking at.
In my apartment I have a small Haier washing machine that works great. For a full load it uses about 14 gallons.

Some full sized washers use a little more water to do over twice the clothes.

While out of the States --- Smallish portable washing machines... look for highest RPM spin cycle - makes for EZ quick drying... one dropped from USA sales had 1400rpm and twin tubs so last load rinse water could be used as next load wash cycle...

https://www.danby.com/en-us/products/washing-machines-en-us/dtt100a1wdb/
Yeah, its borderline quality but get one that doesnt know it and work the heck out of ir : )
I've had these before and I like them..... especially for the reason you mentioned. I can conserve water by reusing the last rinse for the next wash water. I can use less soap by controlling the amount of time the clothes soak and agitate.
I've been looking at them in stores here and dang they've gone up!!! A little one I looked at yesterday was $500 US! I'm going to go look around in the next few weeks and see if I can't find something more reasonable. If not, I'll stay with my current bucket soaking method of clothes washing