Best easiest meal

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$30 for 2 burritos. They'd better have authentic Aztec gold flakes added for flavor. But they do look good.

To be fair, the say they source all ingredients from Mexico so it's not a Japanese version of Mexican food

Mmm.....
Just a heads up on rice.
i don’t doubt the veracity of what you are saying. However, having lived in Japan for over 30 years I can tell you that I have never gotten sick from rice that has been left out For acwhile. It’s not unusual to eat rice left out overnight. Maybe this happens more in winter (houses unheated at night), but just the other day I ate rice on a Wed that I cooked on a Monday. It was somewhat dried out on the surface but it looked okay. My inclination WAS to chuck in the neighbor’s rice field from my back door. And this would be what usually happens, but Ivwas ready to eat, out of both regular rice and pre cooked packaged type, and said screw it..

That's only in a worst case scenario. I have been sick on rice, at an Asian restaurant no less.

The information is just so that others will know to be cautions with rice.

i don’t doubt the veracity of what you are saying. However, having lived in Japan for over 30 years I can tell you that I have never gotten sick from rice that has been left out For acwhile. It’s not unusual to eat rice left out overnight. Maybe this happens more in winter (houses unheated at night), but just the other day I ate rice on a Wed that I cooked on a Monday. It was somewhat dried out on the surface but it looked okay. My inclination WAS to chuck in the neighbor’s rice field from my back door. And this would be what usually happens, but Ivwas ready to eat, out of both regular rice and pre cooked packaged type, and said screw it..
While high-carb foods are vulnerable to infection, if they are properly handled in a clean environment they are safe. I think the initial info came from some reports that were published without in-depth enough fact-checking... Ars Technica published a followup to the original stories. Basically unless contamination occurs and the organisms contaminating it are able to reproduce, it's no more risky than any other type of leftover.

https://arstechnica.com/science/202...ng-life-threatening-infection-on-bad-lo-mein/

For super-fast and easy I have done the bowl of cereal and a piece of fruit for dinner before. And the open a can of "salt soup". But for a bit healthier I like a plate of good cheese slices, some crusty bread slices, some veggies and dip of some kind, some kind of sliced salami or?, some apple slices and a handful of some kind of nuts.
I like ramon soup with as many veggies precooked or not as I can find, and some good ham chopped up and an egg or 2 with a few pieces of fruit on the side.
I also like a good dinner salad with whatever leftover cold meat I have and nuts and some crusty bread and fruit. I have 3-4 different dressings on hand for a variety of flavors. The salad bags make this one so easy.
Scrambled eggs with cheese and light flavored veggies, and good bread/toast, and some fruit.
Notice all the veggies and fruit I add to just about everything. You know what ever fruit and or veggies you like just make sure you always have those around.

I like...no "Love" Cowboy Caviar, made with a similar recipe I add a teaspoon of Cumin to the mix. This simple dish excites the palate (tasty), it's fresh, and it's colorful.

https://www.spendwithpennies.com/cowboy-caviar/

ETA: I can usually find the peppers (Tri-Color); and Onions pre-diced in my Grocery Store. Add to it the Corn, and 1 can ea of Black Beans, and ChickPeas; along with the spices and you're done. I mix the spices in 4x batches, and add bout 1/3 cup as I make the dish.

Last edited: