Bad Karma For Future Walmart Hospitality?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsfish

Reaction score
There has been a large, run down looking RV in my local Walmart lot for at least a week, every night. Yesterday when I stopped to shop this is what I saw (see picture). The reason it has been there every night is because it was abandoned and hasn't moved since. I checked and surprisingly it had a tag. Not surprisingly the registration was 10 months out of date.

I'm sure this situation didn't go over well with management. Don't be that guy!

Guy

Attachments

• P1110849.JPG
    P1110849.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 67
Is someone dead in it perhaps? Happens all the time. Cops tow a vehicle and it turns out someone's inside it ready to push up daisies...

Was this in the East Valley?  If so, I saw it and at one point they had 2 wreckers because it started coming apart.  If not, this is more of a problem than we thought.  Hope that my Walmart doesn't stop letting folks overnight there, it is my fall back solution.

Looking at your picture closer, that doesn't look like Phoenix.  Bad day for trashed RV's at Walmart.  The one at mine looked like it had rolled over at some point.

It was in Pensacola, near the Navy Base.

Guy

There was an old ratty Dodge Class C abandoned in the Sierra Vista Home Depot that sat there for about 2 months.

At least it was in the far left field lot that hardly gets used.

I used to work in commercial property management and can say that most people would be astounded at the number of vehicles abandoned in commercial parking lots. Some portion of them are bound to be RVs, because some portion of vehicles happen to be RVs.

People do all kinds of $=!tty things on other people's property, making their own problems someone else's headache and expense.

Crap. I'm at a loss as to how to end this in an upbeat way.
Have a nice day?

gsfish said:
It was in Pensacola, near the Navy Base.

Guy
NAS PCola's Oak Grove and Blue Angel campgrounds are two of my very favorite. Anyone w an ID card (or a buddy w one) should check them out.

Cheers

In my experience people very rarely give up possessions freely. I don't see just a broke down rv... i see someone's home, well loss of.
The inconvenience these situations cost me are minor besides it is not like every Walmart allows over night parking anyhow. Nobody should expect to do so in the first place.

Can we use this thread now to post images of others living situation or lack of and be derisive of it?

Don't be that guy.

That looks a lot newer than my motorhome. Some impound yard is going to make some good money off salvage eventually. They could have at least donated it to Homes On Wheels Alliance. No need to just walk away causing more problems.

bullfrog said:
No need to just walk away causing more problems.

Someone might have experienced a catastrophic health emergency.

Or it might have been stolen and that's where it was dumped.

Or?

When I was in Idaho sleeping fairly regularly at Walmart (or Cabelas, next door) there was a similar situation. I talked to a manager who was out walking around the parking lot and he said that happens frequently. He didn't seem to think it was a very big deal... just another day... part of the job at Walmart.

Most salvage yards do not want RV's. Most tow companies don't want to impound them. When it comes down to it they just aren't worth very much. There is to much on them that they can't sell and in the end they have to pay to get rid of.

highdesertranger

That RV has a 'gravel skirt' on the back which means at one time, presumably recently, it has been pulling a toad around....maybe the owner was off somewhere else and something happened....accident, illness..hospitalized....or maybe won the lottery?..who knows...maybe the owner called for the tow truck and is having it towed to a safe place?

Looking for that happy ending...

:cool: