Back view camera for NV200- install cost

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cynanne

Reaction score
How much would the install be for a back view camera? Would it be cheaper to do an install with Best Buy? I will have trouble seeing out the back and would like a rec for a decent camera. Anyone here have experience with a good brand that is not too costly? Best buy only sells 2 in their stores.

All of the newer models of NV200’s come with backup cameras. Do you have an older model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one on ebay for under #30 that's wireless, goes on the license plate holder & the screen requires no power as it's solar & sits or velcros to the dash & even has a charging port for your phone.

These are so simple. If you've already wired a redundant 12V system for your van, this is a walk in the park. It's basically a screen wired into the van's electrical (or even just a fancy double DIN radio head unit with backup cam feature) connected to a camera that's powered off your reverse light circuit. The video connection is RCA like the colored plugs we used to used for DVD players and such before HDMI. Find a really long one or make your own.

Gr8ful said:
I bought one on ebay for under #30 that's wireless, goes on the license plate holder & the screen requires no power as it's solar & sits or velcros to the dash & even has a charging port for your phone.
Does the solar model work at night also?
-crofter

I too would be interested in knowing this. I would love to have a radar speed detector as well as front and rear dash cams that also function as a backup camera. I have seen several different types where you can pay someone to install them into the dash and therefore the car's electrical system.

Stick with the WIRED units...especially if a full size van ; Extra work running wires worth the long term benefits