AZ Quartzsite 2021 nonRTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripper

Reaction score
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]We have a nice gathering of people throughout the next week about 2[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]00 yards NW of the camp with Bob meetings. We have a nice large[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] double fire, all are welcome to join the fire. [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] Looks to be about 100-200 people camped out here. Bring some wood if you can spare.  [/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]20210128_193714.jpg[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Screenshot_20210129-145358_Gaia GPS.jpg[/font]

Attachments

• 20210128_193714.jpg
    20210128_193714.jpg
    785.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20210129-145358_Gaia GPS.jpg
    Screenshot_20210129-145358_Gaia GPS.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 16
I have some Hickory wood I need to get rid of. I can bring it this Sunday.

Hope you all stay healthy and do what you can to keep everyone safe.

Freelander said:
That would be awesome and much appreciated!

Itripper said:
Way more must have come in today. I know they have a friendly bunch and even have their very own liars club of old men sitting around the fire! [emoji3]

Freelander said:

No way!! Don’t go! You are your smoker are needed here.

Freelander smoked four racks of ribs in his smoker today for YARC Camp. I know it’s much more boring here than over there but we are nicer.

If I buy some big blocks of cheese can you smoke that? Also what’s the brand of that smoker???

I'll be back I have some extra wood to get rid of.

I can smoke cheese, I can use a pie plate and cube up the cheese and let it melt. I normally cold smoke it, but I don't have what I need here.

The Smoker is a Traeger Ranger smoker.

I do need to run into town and buy another bag of pellets I have 1 full bag left.

We have a big fire pit here you don’t have to give it to another camp.

Just make a fire and they will come. Or we can get some dogs and burgers and cook with it?

We have a lot of newbies here and they are loving it, first timers who are enjoying an experience similar to the old rtr's plus some old timers. Not necessary to camp here just come and visit if your in the Q area.  As always spare wood is welcome but not a requirement.
20210130_185456.jpg

Attachments

• 20210130_185456.jpg
    20210130_185456.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 26
Cammalu said:
Looks like fun ltripper.
Some great conversations! Gold mining,  lithium batteries, diesel heaters, Cajun food, and of course rig build outs! 20210130_100021.jpg

Attachments

• 20210130_100021.jpg
    20210130_100021.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
Gold mining? You have a few of those there?

How long does everyone hang out at Quartzite? Due to work and family issues, I did not get a chance to go there this winter, but my last day of work is April 15th, and my lease ends the 16th, and I was thinking of spending my first weekend on the road in Quartzite to "de-bug" my van. (i.e. to make sure I have everything I need, etc..)

Is Quartzite still open in April? And if they are, wiil anyone be there?

Visitors will be few and far between....a few hold-outs here and there. Mainly the year-around residents will of course be there. 

For most RVers and such...it is getting too damn hot in mid-April to stay out there in the desert...although some do stay longer at local RV parks hooked up to shore power so they can run the A/C as needed.

Giggles said:
...Is Quartzite still open in April? And if they are, wiil anyone be there?
It is 105 degrees today in the low desert, you will need cooling & shade during daytime hours and a good supply of water and electrolytes. Overnight temps 58 degrees so still nice for camping.
-crofter

Too late and too hot for Quartzsite.