Austin anyone? need help with lithium batteries

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babz

Reaction score
Hey,
Anyone in the Austin area? I need some help with my lithium batteries.  I suspect they went dead because I shut down he system for a 14 day adventure away from rig.

I think they just need a jump, but I need some guidance for I don't want to mess them up.

You can email me at [email protected]  or post here.  email may be faster.

Any help or local contacts are much appreciated.

Thanks
Babz

Probably the BMS module or circuit went into protection mode. Write or call the manufacturer or distributor of the batteries to see what they recommend.

Dont 'jump start' them unless they tell you that it is ok...which I doubt. 

There might be a certain procedure or technique to bring them back out of protection mode. That's why you need to get information from the manufacturer or distributor.

All you will need to do is apply a high enough voltage (usually above 13) to the terminals to awaken them.
You have to do this with a charger or other device that can do so. Some chargers will not apply a voltage until it senses a voltage.

Be ready to charge them when they get out of protection mode, and be aware that they can accept a great deal of current very fast, potentially overloading chargers, wiring, etc. You need a current limited source in general.