Arriving to Flagstaff on 3/9/21

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is an Easyup style style get some lumber, lag bolts and some big washers. Everywhere the metal frame crosses another piece of metal frame there is a bolt. Take out the bolt and drill the bolt hole out to snuggly fit the lag bolt. When you get the four pieces of lumber around the top bolt them together and to the upright metal posts on the corner. Make you another row a little over 4’ off the ground. I figure the canopy won’t last more than one season so I usually staple it to the board but you can use a thin piece of wood to hold it to the board as well and just use a couple of screws. My neighbor makes an attic out of old pallets mounted or tied to the top boards and stores a lot of heavy stuff up there to hold it down but I prefer to make rock columns around the legs using chain link fence wired to the metal legs. Don’t worry about bent stuff mine is made out of old ones people discarded. I covered the side walls with a tarp stapled to the boards and added a row at the bottom then covered that with vertical bamboo. Makes a nice temporary ( 12 years now) little Tiki bar or hut. Lol!!! You can only temporarily beat Mother Nature!

mdoverl said:
Is your sowing tent blue? I think I drove by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is. About to blow away too!!!

Cammalu said:
Staying long? If the wind ever quits and u wanna see some desert let me know.

Yeah would love someone to show me around. I think you took down your blue tent, I didn’t see it when I drove by today.

Cammalu is outside of Quartzsite, if they haven't moved. You are up by Lake Havasu. Different areas, both popular.

shadowmoss said:
Cammalu is outside of Quartzsite, if they haven't moved. You are up by Lake Havasu. Different areas, both popular.

Sorry, just realized Cammalu was talking to someone completely different from me

mdoverl said:
Sorry, just realized Cammalu was talking to someone completely different from me

:( Sorry about that! Didn't mean to hijack your thread :)