Aracona broody hen pictures.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD GUMBEE

Reaction score
sitting on a river-bridge playing the banjo...

Mrs G hollered to me this morning. There was a "rat" in our broody hens cage.
(When they start sitting, we put them in a cat crate to keep the layers from evicting brooding mother hens.)

We found the "rat" had company, too...

Of course, we then had to lift the momma hen.

Even though the picture does not show it, there are SIX of the little buggers so far, with about five more eggs yet to hatch.
Cute "rats" indeed!

Click on the bottom two pics for a larger, sharper version.

Awesome. My dream is a few acres, some chickens, goats, rabbits, ect, and a garden big enough to feed us for the year. Then try to take what we produce and make a few bucks.

Broody Hen.....
Sounds like a Monty Python style insult, doesn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Brits are kings of insults.
"Wanking sh!tbag" is pretty tough to beat.
The one I never got was "Muppet." (Yeah, Grover rules man...so what is the insult?)
The Aussies call everyone "Egg" which I also find puzzling.

Anyway, Mate...don't worry about that...and please bring me a shrubbery. (Something nice.)

(The attack bunny is stirring.)

:)

Nine now.
Still more eggs to go.

After my morning setup, I went out today and stood there in my bathrobe like an idiot, watching her pick tiny morsels from the dish and cluck to the babies.
You can just about hear her say, "Hey little chicky...eat this. See me drink by tipping my beak? Try it now...GOOD little bird!"

She makes noises we only hear when chicks get hatched. ...and she will peck the hell out of anything coming close to that crate...even the rotty's nose.

Very cute. Charging the Nikon batteries up to try to get a video of this behavior.

For something with a brain the size of a medium walnut, if you spend a little time watching them, yard birds are a lot smarter than most think.

Chickens are so entertaining to watch. Enjoy

Momma is really pretty. Is she blue!? Had a few that didn’t hatch?