Anyone measured real world wattage for cheap 12v compressor fridges?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fans are nice for keeping the temperature uniform, but I think if it's taking forever that means it's running very inefficiently. Was the compressor on all the time?
Honestly, that was four years ago. I have no idea!!

Are you mining on it?
No lol. It's just a beefy Ryzen 7 one with a desktop CPU and rx580. Old now but the thing still is fast. 200ah ain't a lot when you think about that. Uses 280w when I have something heavy running on it. I use it a lot for work. I don't mess with crypto at all...wouldn't even touch that stuff with a 400 foot stick

Ah yes, desktop stuff and particularly that card can be hungry. I have a laptop with a RTX 2060 in it and it will use 230W at full bore, but thankfully it's <20W for light duty.

Ah yes, desktop stuff and particularly that card can be hungry. I have a laptop with a RTX 2060 in it and it will use 230W at full bore, but thankfully it's <20W for light duty.
Yep. Mine is 90w at the desktop and web browsing but it's fine. I like the speed and with 32 gb of ram it's still got life left yet. It's no big deal with my battery bank. My subwoofers draw more than that lol. 3000w rms amp and that thing draws power when I drank it up. Around 400 amps when some deep bass hits but it's just bursts and can play like that forever