anyone got bfgoodrich ko2 all terrains?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brahmon

Reaction score
just got a set for $200.  guy upgraded and only out 5000 miles on em.   is that i good deal?  i have no idea about tires.   got the 265:75/16 for my v10 ford shuttle conversion.   hopefully theyll fit?!?

They're usually about $150 each. All the off-road folks love them.

if they are in good shape and they fit, you got a great deal. highdesertranger

lol. not takin a victory lap yet. will see tomorrow.

theyre in great shape and my online research shows they fit with a little rubbing.

im just getting em for the aggro look.

the guys at expedition portal say only rub when "full lock" whatever that means. and those guys are hardcore so if it works for them, im game. ;)

but i guess they provide more stability and a cushier ride than the dinky stock 245s. i dont even have 4 wheel drive but gonna test the pineapple fields.

Make a simple tread depth measurement to determine wear compare it to the new spec. as miles don't always reflect wear. Be sure to check for cuts on the sidewall as well. Full lock is when the steering wheel is fully turned left or right but suspension movement can cause even more "rubbing" which can destroy inner wheel wells,fenders and the tire. Those big lugs can really do some damage if that is what they hit. Many times it results only in a rub spot on the sway bar. Up to you if you want to gamble.

let me try this again,

if your tires rub at any point they don't fit. I cannot make this any clearer. if the tires don't fit then they are not a good deal. that's like buying size 15 shoes when you wear an 10.

fully locked means turned all the way, like you are making a u-turn on at tight road.

what is the tire rubbing on? is it something sharp that could cause an instant blowout? is it rubbing on the sidewall? which is never good in fact your tire rubbing on any vehicle part is never a good thing.

most of the guys at Expedition Portal are weekend warriors and are not experts at tire fitment. however they do like to spend big bucks on stuff. if you think that qualifies them as experts what can I say.

highdesertranger

That is a new one on me "the aggro look" as I usually get the "look at that dumb hick" as once you start bending homemade fender flares with vice grips then tear out the inner wheel well and have to not be able to parallel park because you can't make a tight enough turn people begin to form opinions about you. The girls will jump and run when you pull over to try to talk to them as those tire lugs make a loud machine gun sound when they rub. The wealthy guys over at Expedition Portal simply use custom spacers and expensive oversize good looking fender flares and a custom body shop to cut and install them after a 4x4 shop has raised the body and suspension enough for them to clear. If you really want an "aggro look" paint it John Deere green with yellow accents, it is a lot cheaper and eye catching! As my old pa used to say "Ah to be young and putting on the style again!"

hdr. i get it man. but its too late now. no shoes no shirt no refund. might as well give it a shot. women have their louis vuitton bags, we got our bfgoodrich ko2s. lol

bullfrog. lol. i aint rich but the worse that can happen is i sell the tires. the john deere look is definitely agro, but not aggro. it's old schoool surf slang for aggressive. :D

hi guys! got er done and it is pure aggro! thx for the advice once again but absolutely no rubbing except for me and .... uh.

highdesertranger said:
let me try this again,

if your tires rub at any point they don't fit. I cannot make this any clearer. if the tires don't fit then they are not a good deal. that's like buying size 15 shoes when you wear an 10.

fully locked means turned all the way, like you are making a u-turn on at tight road.

what is the tire rubbing on? is it something sharp that could cause an instant blowout? is it rubbing on the sidewall? which is never good in fact your tire rubbing on any vehicle part is never a good thing.

most of the guys at Expedition Portal are weekend warriors and are not experts at tire fitment. however they do like to spend big bucks on stuff. if you think that qualifies them as experts what can I say.

highdesertranger

i am sorry, but this is your opinion. this is not an absolute fact like you are putting it out there. anytime you use tires larger or smaller than the factory recommended sizes you are compromising on what the factory has intended and each person need to make their own decision on what compromises they are willing to make. there are thousands of happy users out there that are running tires that rub a little on full lock or full stuff. it is not like everyone is going to die due to a little low speed rubbing. issues with minor tire rubbing at full lock can be avoided by just not going to full lock.

it is good of you to point out the possibility that if it is rubbing on something sharp significant tire damage could result. and it should be checked as to what is rubbing and when. if the side wall is rubbing on the fender at speed on a straight away that is far more of a problem than if there is a little lug bump when making a slow speed tight turn on a trail.

your insulting and derogatory comments directed at "guys at Expedition Porta" is unbecoming a moderator

you might want to reread the "rules" nobody likes a "know it all"? more people will get the message when you point out possible problems and encourage them to check them. that to be draconian and just say it wont work.

as a moderator you should set the example of polite encouragement

Brahmon glad things worked out and thanks for teaching me some new words!

anytime brah. and likewise to your sage advice.

testing resize on crvl

new aggro look with bfg ko2s

Attachments

• IMG_2684-compressed.jpg
    IMG_2684-compressed.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2685-compressed.jpg
    IMG_2685-compressed.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 5
it worked!   here's the holy church bus before conversion.

brahmon said:
it worked!   here's the holy church bus before conversion.

Attachments

• IMG_1251-compressed.jpg
    IMG_1251-compressed.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 4