Anyone around St George / Hurricane willing to talk to a newbie?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vagabondpilot

Reaction score
TLDR; newbie want's your stories and advice.

I'm from Kansas and started a van build last summer in a chevy g20 that was gifted to me. My intention was to live at it and park it at the airport when not on trips. A couple of months ago I had to pause my van build because I got a job on the road as a survey pilot. I'm still planning to finish the build when I get home to use at airports between flights, on days off, and eventually building a bigger rig when I retire. My current situation is that I fly my plane, which has minimal luggage space, wherever the next job is and live out of hotels. I found it handy that in preparing to live out of a van I accidentally prepared myself to live out of a single suitcase. Anyway, as I was driving from St. George to hurricane it occurred to me that some of you might be in the area and I was hoping you might be willing to talk vanlife with me. I've always been a first hand learner but I figure that the more I know and understand going into the lifestyle the better prepared I am to build out the van in a way that is functional.

Sorry for the long ramble. I hope this is in the right place.

I am in Pahrump Nv. I used to live on boats and rv's. Now a part time traveler with a home base. Ask anything and one of us will have an answer, (sometimes we will even be correct).
Some people travel the world with a backpack and they have enough.

I am in Pahrump Nv. I used to live on boats and rv's. Now a part time traveler with a home base. Ask anything and one of us will have an answer, (sometimes we will even be correct).
Some people travel the world with a backpack and they have enough.
My wife and I did some long-distance hiking on the Appalachian Trail, and learned (quickly) how to live pretty comfortably out of a twenty-eight pound backpack (each). You quickly discover just how little you need to be comfortable. Minimize!