Ambulance Disassembly HELP!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RV411

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings Everyone.

I recently purchased an ambulance to be come my Mobile Office/Campulance. I need HELP finding information on the following to help with my minimal build effort.

1. How to remove the following: The wall mounted Crew Back Rest. How to remove the padding in the CPR Seat Section.

2. Information on what the existing Countertops are made of, OR how has anyone else used the existing "Plastic feeling" countertops as their kitchen set up.

3. Has anyone used a Whale Foot Pump in their Kitchen? If so how did you run the water leads?

4. How has the Box under the Attendant Seat been repurposed? I was going to put my Diesel heater in there until I saw that perhaps the house batteries had been placed there before... The Flap on the side of the box is vented.

I like to NOT LEARN by trial and error (this time); but I've not found a Youtuber that details removing the padding, or that uses the footpump with existing cabinetry.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
if you can find the manufacturer of the "box" seek out the engineer who has been working there forever, that no one talks to. Make friends and they will answer any questions plus more. Has worked for me in a variety of situations,

x2 on the above.
Another reason to contact the manufacturer of the ambo would be to see if they can provide a parts manual for the rig. You might even find their website has links to the info you're seeking.

That will give you an exploded view of how the innards are assembled, which will be potentially beneficial in working on it yourself, or with help of others.
Parts manuals have helped me tremendously over the years...

Last edited:
Use these keywords in a browser search box....renovate ambulance into RV
That will bring up links to lots of ambulance projects. Then you can get in touch with those who have already been there, done that.

Another keyword to use in a different search is ...campulance

Last edited:
3. Has anyone used a Whale Foot Pump in their Kitchen? If so how did you run the water leads?
You may want to consider using an electric water bottle dispenser faucet. They are inexpensive and require no plumbing skills to setup. They can pump ~0.5 gal/min up a distance > 6 ft. They run off an enclosed battery that is recharged via USB.

Mine is mounted on the galley countertop over the faucet opening with the hose running down to a 7 gallon Aqua-Tainer in the cabinet underneath. The dispenser only needs to be recharged every 4th or 5th tank refill (about twice a month), which I do by connecting it into my portable phone charger for an hour.

There are a lot of models on Amazon. Here's the one I have:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FM5Y64F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thank you everyone for your responses!

I was able to have a friend assist me with the countertop.

The existing counters in my 1999 Wheeled Coach were made of layered: Plastic topping; approx 1/2Inch plywood, a single layer of Reflectix, all sitting on what looks like powder-coated Aluminum.

He cut a large square in the counter so I could drop my sink in. At the last minute I decided to use a deeper Marine sink I had on hand rather than a shallow square sink (Excuse the USB faucet placement, that is a VERY temporary location....maybe).

20220725_175855.jpg; The attached pictures were taken from the outside, looking up through the (former) Biohazards door.
20220722_113802.jpg20220722_113427.jpg

Regarding #` in my original post (the Seats and Padded surroundings). The bottoms are secured with Velcro. The Seat backs are affixed with both strong metal hooks and velcro. We were able to remove the pads on the sides of the CPR seat by removing the screws in the cabinets they were affixed to. I'll take pictures and upload them tomorrow.

Hopefully the pictures will help someone else out in their future build.

As an independent vendor I photographed Wheeled Coach vehicles in Orlando in the 90's for Trade Show brochures

They ran a huge operation .....any chassis, box and option available.....Custom assembled to your fire department's specs

Your sink cutout is a bit ugly......................................

20220727_091334.jpg
Regarding #` in my original post (the Seats and Padded surroundings). The bottoms are secured with Velcro. The Seat backs are affixed with both strong metal hooks and velcro. We were able to remove the pads on the sides of the CPR seat by removing the screws in the cabinets they were affixed to. I'll take pictures and upload them tomorrow.

Hopefully the pictures will help someone else out in their future build.

This was taken of the CPR seat with the seat, back, and side cushions removed. The bench seat had the same setup.

I'd like to extend a BIG "THANK YOU" to those who offered helpful responses.