• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vehicle For Sale AMBO FOR SALE

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr8ful

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ambo for sale. 1993 Ford E350, 7.3 diesel, in great shape with a Horton ambo box, 88,000 act miles, looks almost new with a bath. New tires, batteries, 250 amp altenator & serp belt right before I bought it 2 years ago. It was the 2nd or spare from a small fire dept north of Detroit. I drove 300 miles home @ 75-80 mph & it ran like new & would drive hands off with plenty of pedal left. Firemen take the best care of their equipment. I bought a 5kw diesel heater, Wave-3 LP Catalytic heater, stove & several other things all new in the box I'll include at asking price of $9900. It's as close to new as you'll ever find for double that price. Front & rear heat & air, no seat tears, rust or lettering on the outside. It's titled & tagged as a motor home already. Loads of storage & you can haul 6 people legally. I live in SW Mich not far from N. Indiana where most camper, trailers & motor homes are made & an ambo is built 10X better. Watch the roll over test they do on youtube or the Horton website. The interior of the back is just like Bob Well's ambo he has a youtube on. I have ALS that's progressing faster than I want so I'm not going to be able to use my GEM I searched so hard for. I hope someone here can so I'll leave it here for a few weeks & if no one needs it I'll put it on craigslist. Thanks & if interested PM your name & # & when to call EST.

[Mod edit: Pics inserted at request of OP -tx2]

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 3
  • image000002.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image000003.jpg
    image000003.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind words! rruff I cant post pics but PM your cell & my wife can text some to you. You won't be disappointed.

Still waiting... or did it sell?

Pics that the OP sent to me have been inserted in the original post and many of the posts discussing that process have been removed to tidy up this thread.

Good luck on the sale and thanks to everyone for the help.

Ambo for sale. 1993 Ford E350, 7.3 diesel, in great shape with a Horton ambo box, 88,000 act miles, looks almost new with a bath. New tires, batteries, 250 amp altenator & serp belt right before I bought it 2 years ago. It was the 2nd or spare from a small fire dept north of Detroit. I drove 300 miles home @ 75-80 mph & it ran like new & would drive hands off with plenty of pedal left. Firemen take the best care of their equipment. I bought a 5kw diesel heater, Wave-3 LP Catalytic heater, stove & several other things all new in the box I'll include at asking price of $9900. It's as close to new as you'll ever find for double that price. Front & rear heat & air, no seat tears, rust or lettering on the outside. It's titled & tagged as a motor home already. Loads of storage & you can haul 6 people legally. I live in SW Mich not far from N. Indiana where most camper, trailers & motor homes are made & an ambo is built 10X better. Watch the roll over test they do on youtube or the Horton website. The interior of the back is just like Bob Well's ambo he has a youtube on. I have ALS that's progressing faster than I want so I'm not going to be able to use my GEM I searched so hard for. I hope someone here can so I'll leave it here for a few weeks & if no one needs it I'll put it on craigslist. Thanks & if interested PM your name & # & when to call EST.

[Mod edit: Pics inserted at request of OP -tx2]

Am I looking at that correctly? Is that a single rear wheel setup? Interesting. Never seen that on a box ambulance

Yes single rear wheels. I've had lots of one ton diesel trucks & dual rears spin much more in mud, snow & ice because of only half the psi of the tires on the ground.

I was looking into this for a friend, but he is having health issue now too... :(

Looks nice and has single rear wheels which are better for offroading. Been doing a little research and I think in '93 this would be the first gen 7.3, pre Powerboost. It probably doesn't have a turbo, but might. Mechanical injection. Simple and very stout motor and good rep for longevity. On forums they say 15-16 MPG typically.

rruff, you are 100% correct, no turbo, they put one on in early '94 & it added 5hp & 0 torque then they came out in '94 with the Powerstroke. This also has NO computer. If it ever needed a set of injectors they are under $300 for this & over $3000 for a Power Stroke so I know where the Stroke came from. I had the last month 5.9 Cummins 12 valve & injectors were under $300 just like the ambo. I got about 16mpg. It's a simple solid engine. Thanks!

Last edited:
Also have a new 1000 watt inverter pure sine wave gasoline generator supposed to be Honda quiet that goes with it. If no one buys it to camp it will be perfect for a building contractor as it will haul 6 crew & have safe & plenty of secure tool storage so all the extras will be for sale. Thanks!

This was the last full year before they added a computer so if we have EMPs caused by sun spots or other countries she'll be running strong while every thing with a computer will be DOA. I had a ford plow truck a mouse family peed on the computer & the insurance co totaled it, I couldn't believe it. Even though it has a bed I also have a self inflating air mattress & 2 10'x10' awnings that go with it.
And these engines will burn used motor oil, french fry oil, transmission fluid all just by running thru a filter. It doesn't use "exhaust fluid" like new ones have to. I have a barrel of "smoke oil" thin mineral oil that mixed with diesel will make great fuel.

Last edited:
LAST CALL with all the extras! Look on Vanlife Trader & see what you can get for under $10k, not much, Here's 1 of Bob Wells You Tubes on his so you can see in the back. His has a truck front & mine is a 1 ton van front. Thanks!

Last edited:
It will sell easy but I wanted to offer it to this forum first & add the extras. These engines are bulletproof, simple, proven & put out more HP & torque than a 1 ton Dodge Sprinter 154 hp @ 3,400 rpm 280 lb-ft torque@ 1,200 rpm for the Sprinter vs 185 hp & 338 lb-ft torque for the ambo with NO computer or turbo & no need for exhaust fluid & IT IS REGISTERED, TITLED, TAGGED & INSURED AS A MOTORHOME.