Am I being ungrateful and impatient, or is it time to move on?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think it's time I just be quiet and start doing something. And maybe some part of me is subconsciously making me sabotage myself, but...Idk. If so, it sure seems like it's working against my best interests.

The car I had seemed like it was on its last legs, and sometimes wouldn't crank or would stall, and I couldn't find a good used vehicle under $10k that didn't have something much worse wrong with it or someone trying to scam me, so a Toyota, for under $30k, that I can live out of, that's a collector's item (people tell me), seemed like a good idea at the time. Seemed like debt was inevitable, and I needed something that I could trust to carry me places.

Either way, I made a calculated decision, and now I'll have to wait and see what benefits and consequences become of it, and do my best to bolster the pros and minimize the cons. Just like if I were to stay or go. It'll most likely be a mix of both.

Regardless, it wasn't as bad of a decision as taking out student loans. 🙃

I would like to thank everyone for the advice and information. You are all, truly, wonderful.

Last edited:
You are thoughtful and observant, and I'm sure you'll do fine. (y)

It took me about 3 years of serious soul searching and pondering "what to do with my life", before I was able to make a major change. Part of that was awesome, and part was really really hard. But when I finally did it, I was definitely ready. One side of the conflicting voices in my head got quiet... or rather I just didn't pay much attention to them anymore. Doesn't mean I wasn't nervous and scared! And absolutely everybody I knew thought I was nuts. You gotta try things, and if you make mistakes, learn from them and keep going!