Almost Free No Data Caps Internet T.V. And Movies

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

Jim D

Reaction score
Starbucks, Arby's and Taco Bell all have decent speeds, according to CNET. For those new to free wi-fi (me) I read to be sure to use a VPN .

A few of the youtubers I follow upload big files at libraries and universities.

I've been reading about VPN's also and they sound great if the carrier is intentionally throttling you or the web site you like but if the carrier throttles because of heavy traffic your VPN won't work at all. The carriers like to throttle steaming sites that they blackmail for faster streaming speeds and a VPN will take care of that.

Jim D

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional info.

I don't like most TV and mostly binge educational videos,, so I go to youtube. Hulu and such don't interest me, but it's cool you're providing info that might fit right into the niche many other people like.
I like educational shows also. I like, "The Food Network", "Motor Trend Channel", "History Channel", "News Channels", "The Magnolia Network when they have Delicious Destinations" on, "The Travel Channel" sometimes and "Animal Channels" too.

I like other non educational shows also and movies but I watch more of my educational channels more when I've seen all the reruns and movies the channels have on.

Jim D

Reaction score
Homefi gives you 450 GB a month for $100. They give you 850 GB a month for $134.

This is a wireless setup so tower congestion will come into play. This setup was designed for rural areas.

This is another option to look at if you can afford it. It's for both home and camping.

CC58

Reaction score
I have had Visible for three years and it has worked great. Visible has changed their plans. They now have two plans. One is $30/month and the other is $45/month. They no longer have the $25/month Party Pay. The Party Pay plan will continue for people that currently have the plan.
I believe when Visible's Party Pay ends on Jan 1st, 2023 that the $25 plan will convert to the $30 plan.

Last edited:

CC58

Reaction score
Finding the same here.

Husband has had Visible for a couple years and the speeds were decent at first no matter where we were traveling. But, in the past year, data has been pretty much unusable unless we are in a very remote region with no competing needs by regular Verizon folk.
I've had Visible for 3 years. It was great in my last location all the time, but just moved and coverage is great during the day but during morning/evening rush hours it is almost uselesssly slow. I think Visible speed depends on your location.

Happy Camper

Reaction score
So does every carrier. I have spots in a 10 mile radius from me where I get 0.04mbps and others where I get 120. Location is everything. You can even be by a tower and if it's focused and in another direction, it's not helping your at all. I lived by one of those and it sucked lol.
That's life in the cellular fast lane. Or slow lane. Location location location.