AIR-STREAM-CONVERSION 4 LIVING & MUSIC STUDIO

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
UPDATE: I FOUND A LINK TO THIS TRAILER AND THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN GOOD CONDITION. https://vintagekraft.wordpress.com/2013/08/05/1975-airstream-overlander-international-27-trailer/ HELP & ADVICE NEEDED: [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]This Airstream trailer is about 25ft,  it's totally destroyed inside, main outside body looks very good and roof looks good, does need new floor, and possibly salvage bathroom/shower but its also in very bad shape. My interest is to offer $2000.00 to the owner and would like peoples opinion. Would a $2000.00 offer be fair? I'm thinking also $1800.00. When I opened it there was no odors anywhere, NONE! pretty filthy inside but no signs of odors or mold or anything of such. I would like to gut it out (except bathroom but probably will need a new or modified shower/tub/toilet) I'd insulate it with sound proof insulation and then sound board then cover that board with.... and convert it into a music rehearsal room and part living space. I own 500 watts of solar panels, propane stove, small fridge, and small propane tank with a pump for shower. It would need basically everything to get it to live in. The tags are 2010 also. Have not met owner or if there is a pink slip and is in Mexico. I have a Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with a 2 leaf spring addition. I had planned on returning the truck to the bank but moved to Mexico and renting for 200 a month with 99% utils paid and close to the beach. The truck is parked and taking taxies (13 pesos) My truck, I believe It says it can pull 8000lbs+. I estimate the trailer is much less once I gut it out. I DO NOT PLAN TO MOVE IT AROUND A LOT, maybe a few times a year to travel but mostly will parked at a park $200 a month in Rosarito, and cheaper in other places. Your advice is appreciated. Worth fixing or not? It would be a really neat thing to work on and have always wanted my own recording/rehearsal room plus a place to live all in one. I would love to travel once fixed to record unknown talents/bands also but very limited because of the cost of my truck gas use. Oh, the floors are also soft so I'd have to put in a floor. IM NOT AFRAID OF DOING ALL THE WORK. My other goal is if I buy this, by the end of the year I should have enough to put down on a piece of land anywhere and live 100% off the grid but I'm not sure where to go, Hawaii, Ensenada. Mexico is a super cheap place to live and no BS with tittles and DMV registration and if I have my own piece of land near a beach or even rent a spot till Its all fixed up I can. I know nothing about this model, year, weight, but it does have air on the tires so that tells you its at least movable? I also see the trailer has some  sort of brake devices on the axles. Any advice would help. Thanks. You can view the trailer her on U Tube. [/font]

Attachments

• AIRSTREAM COVER.jpg
    AIRSTREAM COVER.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 0