After my failure I am trying again.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of men accidentally posted on this thread because they didn't realize that it was in the Women Only Forum. I'm leaving the older posts in place so that the continuity is not disturbed but any new posts by men will be deleted.

Hey I don’t know if you saw it but Bob just did a really good video on a mini van build out really cheap with no carpentry skills that was great. Probably 10/30/2019? Check on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!   I had seen that and it is  close to what I am planning.  Except for the metal bed frame I am putting my large cot with a memory foam mattress on it.   Other than that identical.   Because the van is financed I don’t want to do a permanent install until I pay it off and know I will continue.

i am going to find a caravan after I get my residency done for Nevada.
that is becoming tricky because rv parks won’t accept a minivan for space rental for the 30 days.
a woman at the mail forwarder in Pahrump said to try an air bnb.  I have never used that but it looks like a possibility.   Unless anyone else has found a reasonable cost way to get a 30 day receipt to become a Nevada resident.This group has been so supportive, I really appreciate it.

. Sometimes the RV parks have empty trailers in spaces that you can rent by the month. There are often alternative approaches to these things.

I have been taken by surprise as to how many RV places don't really accept vans. One place had to call the owner to get permission for me to stay just one night! It was the only easy access place to stay in the area, but I don't understand why vans are considered problematic. I'm guessing the lack of black water tanks makes them skeezy about us...?

Saw this video this morning about :  the Jackery Explorer 500 Inverter.  With the 15% off thru Bex this would only be $425.  Looks to be a good idea for your lack of Electric !

Wondering said:
No hitch.  It sounds like over $500 to have one installed.   I was going to do that later.   Especially if things go well I was considering going to Alaska in June.
That would be the price for installing a hitch that needs to be welded on and perhaps even the wiring for trailer lights. Fortunately for my vehicle there were bolt in place hitches. I did the installation of it with the help of a friend. So just the cost of the hitch, bolts and washers.

Did you get a quote from Uhaul?  They install and sell hitches for a wide range of vehicles.

Nissi said:
Saw this video this morning about :  the Jackery Explorer 500 Inverter.  With the 15% off thru Bex this would only be $425.  Looks to be a good idea for your lack of Electric !

I have a Jackery 240 and love it for totability. Wish I had gotten the larger one. Panels are propietery, but I charge mine off of my Apex when it's getting full sun.  It's awesome, love it.

i Purchased 3 halo lithium batteries for my first try and still have them.  They have usb and electric plugs.  I was able to recharge my cell phone about 7 times with one battery.  But only once for my iPad.  Jamie (van build) did a review on a Suaoki solar panel that can directly charge my halos or a Jackery.  I don’t want the expense of purchasing another power station if that solar panel will recharge the halos.  If it doesn’t work I will buy a Jackery.  I really don’t need any other electric things.  I can recharge my halos thru the cigarette lighter plug too, if I go to town for supplies or on moving day.  I wish I could leave sooner but my lease goes until March.  I hope I can connect with a caravan to ease into this goal.
does anyone know where the caravans were this year in the middle to end of March?  Were they still in Q or Parker area or moving north like pahrump.   I guess I will know for sure by mid February.  Thanks to everyone for the ideas and support.  I have a good feeling I will be successful next March!