Aaaaannnddd we're back! Who's in Northern AZ for a W/E hangout?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minivanmotoman

Reaction score
Good to be back.  And to celebrate, how about a weekend get together?
Suggestions?
How about May 19-20, Flagstaff A1 or Payson?
Could organize some activities if anyone wants to organize/help and interested.
 Nothing formal of course, just casual hang out.
A little cooking, some comraderie, a music evening, card tournament, ???
Comment or PM.
What say you?

Good idea! I will be in Flagstaff that weekend for the Overland Expo West event. I imagine other nomads will be in the area, too, for the same reason. We could make it a 2-for-1 weekend.

I'm heading for Flagstaff today, staying in the Walnut Canyon BLM area. Anyone else there?
I'll be staying for the Overland expo too!
So happy happy happy the forum is back. Thanks to all who made this possible!
- Lisa

There's room in my camp at Walnut Canyon BLM if anyone is looking for tribe in the Flagstaff area. :)
- Lisa

Hey I am new and would love to come there for a visit. Just bought fuel at the pilot and still a little dazed at nomad life lol

I’ll be in Flagstaff area Monday. Would love to find some tribe.

I'm on A-1 now. Dang this wind is strong. I'm up for getting together AFTER the wind has died down. haha. This is my first post but I have been around for a while as mikEXpat. I look forward to meeting you all. Private Message might be better.

I’m new to BLM camping I can’t find Lisa so I’m not even sure where I’m allowed to park at but I’m going to figure it out hopefully

I am at A1 mountain road also. Camped with two ladies. There is one spot near us available if needed. Pm me.
A small gathering would be good.

I will be in NorCal from the 21st through the 28th attending my oldest son's wedding. After that I was considering heading south and into AZ. I imagine y'all will have moved on by then. ;)

Thinking about going to discount solar and having my solar re-imagined. Bob & Carolyn recommended. ;)

Edit: Just re-read the subject...W/E = Weekend? Yeah, I am too far behind (Still in Coeur d'Alene, ID).

Great, looks like about a dozen or so. Good size.
Suggest whoever has, knows or near a good spot on A1 let us know. Lots of room down there but don't necessarily want to congregate too close together of course.
Dispersed camping and dispersed organization I say to stay low key. Amazing how we can coincidentally and randomly be in the same area. Lol. There are a couple open Meadows ringed by trees that would be great.

Can PM me a location spot if you like but lots of gathering spots back there. And I can then forward it to others.

Am not too far away and plan to be in the area by end of the week.
Hopefully the wind will calm down and be dry with comfortable temps.
Will be great to hang out.

Great, looks like about a dozen or so. Good size.
Suggest whoever has, knows or near a good spot on A1 let us know. Lots of room down there but don't necessarily want to congregate too close together of course.
Dispersed camping and organization I say to stay low key.
Can PM me a location spot if you like but lots of gathering spots back there. And I can pm the others.
 Am not too far away and plan to be in the area by end of the week.
Hopefully the wind will call down and dry with comfortable temps.
Will be great to hang out.

I'd love to join the Tribe hang-out at A1. I'm camped with 2 others at Walnut Canyon, on the other side of Flagstaff. Let me know when you decide on a spot and we'll move over to A1. Hopefully it's a big enough area to turn my 5th wheel around (I'm new at towing, lol).

Also, I'll be going to the Overland Expo on Sunday (it's the cheapest day).

Thanks, looking forward to meeting everyone!
- Lisa

How convenient of them to hold an expo at the same time! Lol. Great idea for Sunday and it's $15 btw.

So, tentative ideas for get together.

Friday afternoon meet and great, chill & hangout, share travel adventures, watch the clouds go by and pine cones fall with a relaxing beverage. Not a care in the world. Wait, was that the law enforcement ranger that just went by? 

Evening- A little music soiree of 60 to 90s pop tunes from Miniboombox speaker. Not too loud of course.
fire ban in effect means no campfire?

Saturday
Morning - 10 mile hike followed by skinny dipping in the lake. What, no lake? Guess will have to sleep in instead. Darn.
How about a pancake & egg brunch instead?

Hmmm, would some sort of Survivor themed afternoon of challenges for all be interesting.

Dinner - maybe we could get pot lucky?
 The eating kind dudes and dudettes.

Apres dinner/Evening - Card tournament? Charades?
And maybe a little sing-along with Tom after?
Could he be enticed?

Sunday - Overland expo followed by tearful goodbyes, auf viderzein, a la prochain, till we meet again?
If anyone is leaving... Lol.

Thoughts suggestions or ideas are all great and welcome. As are tips, lemonade, steak and free solar power.  :D

Sounds like a blast! We'll be moving over from Walnut Canyon, ...me and my 2 camping neighbors and our 3 dogs, 1 cat, 5er, TT, and Van. Let us know when you decide on a location.
- Lisa

I would like to join you all too! Hi Lisa this is Donnie from RTR your neighbor! If you could PM me the approximate gps to where this A1 camping will be that would be great, I plan on being in the area Thur. afternoon.

If someone spots a good area at A1 let us know. I haven’t explored the area. But I am real familiar with the A1 area. There is one spot where they had the Summer RTR two years ago. Where I am camped now doesn’t have much room.

I am game for a get together. I do play guitar also.

This the approximate location if the Summer RTR site.

(35.2220687,-111.7258645)

If someone could check it out.

I'm in the area, I could go check it out this afternoon. Unless you're nearby Mike, since you're the organizer, then you check it out! Let me know.
Lisa

Latest posts