A Women's RTR!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LivGolden said:
Thanks for your response. I was really worried about them but it was after midnight and so I didn't want to intrude. Today, I met a Fed Ex guy driving the same van. I asked him if he could run his a/c all night if necessary. He said he would not advise it but he doesn't live in one. Who knows...I don't think I'd risk it but-

Nice, roomy van, though. The FER guy gave me a tour. Pricey...:)
Right, you have to have the proper build to run it all night. Generator, inverter, roof AC.

Since I've been living in my Chevy truck I've had to run the cab AC and idle the diesel engine for many hours at a time. I do miss my van.....

Yes, those Mercedes Sprinter vans are nothing but delivery trucks. Nothing fancy about them except for that "peace sign" emblem on the front ;-)

The Dire Wolfess

That's what I thought. There was no rooftop a/c. The van was unrecognizable as a MB except for the emblem. Lots of room but I wonder if a less expensive different make of van wouldn't have as much. I'll start looking, next year. I want to wait until I've attended RTR.

One thing to consider: even though it's just a work truck, Mercedes service costs between $600 and $1200--just for routine service! That's one of the reasons I traded mine for a Chevy truck+ trailer. My truck service costs $95.

The Dire Wolfess

This thread has drifted quite a bit... can we bring it back to the Women's RTR please? ::) 

I'm curious how often campfires are held.... every morning and every evening or just once during the event?  I'm so looking forward to meeting all of y'all there!

Moxadox said:
One thing to consider: even though it's just a work truck, Mercedes service costs between $600 and $1200--just for routine service!  That's one of the reasons I traded mine for a Chevy truck+ trailer.  My truck service costs $95.

The Dire Wolfess

Thanks, DW. I appreciate your help. I'll have my tent at but also a small trailer IF I make it to Jamie's van build. I hope to see you and some of the other women at WRTR, too. Peace   :heart:

Suanne, I just read your post concerning the WRTR and the  tentative dates. I noticed the end date of the WRTR is  only one day before the RTR. If this is the case there Will not be much time to restock supplies and find a camping spot for the RTR.... is there any chance of at least 2 or 3 days inbetween events. Thank you for your  consideration in this matter. .... Gramkracker 

LivGolden said:
Thanks, DW. I appreciate your help. I'll have my tent at but also a small trailer IF I make it to Jamie's van build. I hope to see you and some of the other women at WRTR, too. Peace   [emoji813]
I'm looking forward to it, too! Hoping to meet you and the other intrepid ladies.

The Dire Wolfess

Gramkracker said:
Suanne, I just read your post concerning the WRTR and the  tentative dates. I noticed the end date of the WRTR is  only one day before the RTR. If this is the case there Will not be much time to restock supplies and find a camping spot for the RTR.... is there any chance of at least 2 or 3 days inbetween events. Thank you for your  consideration in this matter. .... Gramkracker 

Here is some information and a suggestion that may help you prepare.  Travel from the WRTR in Bouse to the RTR in Quartzsite is about 30 minutes.  Round trip between Quartzsite and Blythe, CA (for lower-cost shopping) is less than an hour.  You can always pick up things you need locally in Quartzsite, they'll just cost a bit more.  I would suggest that you stock enough supplies to last through the WRTR and into the RTR, and then only go into town for supplies when/if needed.  

When you get to either the WRTR or RTR, it's not hard or time consuming to get a campsite.  You just find an empty space to the side of a dirt road in he event area and park.  If you don't like it or just want a change after a night or two, pick up and move someplace else.  We've got wheels!

Because of the timing of the holidays, Quartzsite's Big Tent, and the cost/logistics of the porta potty rentals, it'd be a real challenge to put 2 or 3 days between the events.  But, we'll certainly take that into consideration for 2020.

I hope that helps.

Suanne

I was wanting to know if any other women were going to caravan together and go to the 2019 womens rtr and then the rtr for everyone. Newbie here, still trying to find my way, and find like minded friends. Can anyone help me?

Hi! I'm excited about the 2019 WRTR. I'm leaving OK mid Nov heading AZ way. I've read that the WRTR will gather in Bouse, AZ, but I don't find any other information or directions as to exactly where in Bouse. I'll be solo, possibly a friend will join me and caravan in. How do I find you? I didn't know where to post this question :p . Sorry if this is the wrong place.   :blush:

Peg / NomadArtist

Okay, I just found Bob's last video on the Caravan's starting up. I've also found a photo of the area designated in Bouse. (Was going to post it here, but I can't figure out how to post a photo... Newbies!) So, I may have just discovered my own answer.  

Seems the only thing I'm still unclear on is whether I need to pay to stay the 14 days rotation, but I'm thinking if I'll be more patient, keep reading and join in some of the conversations between the caravaners, all will be made clear. Sorry for making a fuss when I should have just kept watching and reading ;)  

This is my first RTR/WRTR and I'm really excited. So looking forward to meeting everyone and to the whole experience. I've so much to learn and, as yet, haven't actually gone solo for more than 8 weeks at a time. Just got my small rig, a 23' Compass SUV named Maggie, in 2016. I'm loving it more every time I we venture out... She's becoming more and more a home for me. Safe travels everyone and I'll see you there :) .

You do not need to pay for the 14 days stays on the caravan routes
Boondocking on BLM and national forest land is almost always free and almost always has a 14 day limit. There are exceptions to both of the free boondocking and 14 day limit but those are the general guidelines.

We're going to try to be there. Lots of great topics listed here! Looking forward to the event.

Has anyone joined the Facebook Group Womens RTR?
I keep clicking Join Group but my request doesn't appear to go thru.

What is the schedule of classes and events at the WRTR? Thanks!

Also, is there a link to the WRTR Facebook group?
- Lisa