A wanderer wanders no more

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USExplorer said:
And here we have the "tribe", composed mainly of hardy, plump, and happy retirees in comfy old rigs, content to sit back and relax on the vast badlands of the American West. 

Man, that sounds good to me! 'hardy, plump, and happy'.

Ever watch just about any movie with successful, but, old, tired, warriors, and kings, who have spent a lifetime slaying dragons and vanquishing enemies? Often, they are portayed as 'hardy, plump', and at least, somewhat 'happy'.

Well, after 40 years and 3+ million miles criss-crossing the USA, I feel like I have earned the right to 'relax on the vast badlands of the American West'.

Lead me to it. 

:cool:

Academically gifted, hardy, but less plump retiree here... Such an inspired stream of consciousness... Wonderfully positive thoughts! Peace on my brother...

USExplorer said:
And here we have the "tribe", composed mainly of hardy, plump, and happy retirees in comfy old rigs, content to sit back and relax on the vast badlands of the American West. Long gone are the flood of restless young Dean Moriarty types, driven by powerful and inexplicable forces back and forth across our nation's broad expanse, hungry for money, women and adventure. Did they ever exist outside of Jack Kerouac's imagination, one may ask?
Um, we're the same folks, just 50 years older!

It was great to be young. It's great to be old, too. You learn a few things along the way.

One of those things is that adventure happens inside your head at least as much as it happens outside your van window.

US Explorer, I am sure you have many adventures yet in front of you. Someday, you'll be happy to sit in the sun and reap all that life has offered you.