A place for humorous vandwelling-related pictures

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting. I can imagine going up a steep hill or mountain and then turning around to go back and pick up what slid off. I know he’s got a better attached to that. I wonder what it’s like to drive and you’d have to have a parent passenger named “Clarence” to watch out for those overpasses.

I actually think that this is pretty cool...
vardo.jpg
Imagine what he'd do if he got his hands on a schoolbus!!

Patrick, I don't know how practical it might be, but that is the COOLEST van exterior I ever saw in my life!

Funny Smart! is a whole new take on Trailer life! Plus if your a truck driver then why wouldn't you want to live in a trailer you can haul yourself with a simple hookup? :unsure:

Maybe even get a refrigerated trailer if you live in the south! :ROFLMAO:

If this became a trend I deffently would look into opening a long-term "trailer storage yard" ;);) give people an option to store their trailer long-term. We need affordable hous- ...affordable trailer storage! 🤫

Imagine the solar generation possibilities on that roof! o_O must be able to generate 10,000 - 20,000 watts!! If not more! 🤯

636346277464817663-tHOTW00095.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta say I'm loving this thread. I like anything a bit different, plus I have a lifelong love of anything American, especially classic vans. You guys are so lucky to have those vehicles at your disposal, we have a bit of an american vehicle scene over here but I couldn't hope to afford to run one as a daily driver😞
Just wondered if anyone would be interested in a website I like to scan through,
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QQFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0uREjNZFVfenDHBPUOE5OD
Run by a guy called Dave Fawcett, its a bit of a homage to the old days of new age travelling in England & Europe mainly, & has many photos of the old skool travellers vehicles....

I really hope this is not the tow vehicle for that trailer...

I think it was brand new with no load.

DVe03kUl.jpg

If it's a 15' GeoPro it's ~2700 lbs. with 360 lb. tongue weight.

Pushing the limits?

In the picture in post #286 notice the clearance between the rear tires and the body and the front tires and the body. Tongue weight should be less than having the full number of passengers in the rear of the vehicle and the vehicle should be fairly level even fully loaded. My guess would be improperly and probably overloaded, not to mention the cargo carrier on the roof cause they didn't have anymore room inside! Bet most camper salesmen tell them they can tow it with their present vehicle but don't tell them they can't take anything or anybody with them! Lol!

Last edited:
I really hope this is not the tow vehicle for that trailer...

I think it was brand new with no load.

DVe03kUl.jpg

I don't know the weights or weight limits involved here but my 10year old Audi Q7 has a 5,600lb towing capacity. I've camped in a 7x16 Converted Cargo trailer. It pulled/towed fine but the the gas mileage sucked, so I opted for "van life" camping instead.