7.3 diesel as water in fuel

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just pointing out there might be a reason why she cant find the lil lever thingy

though with 2 people a a little thinking outside the box you could do it while cranking the engine. might be easier than a tow and a paid mech...

but i wasnt going to go there unless she had the same thing

no sense confusing the issue needlessly, right?

All the diesel engine vehicles I have had have an entry in the vehicle glove box manual on how to drain the water trap on the fuel filter.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]My greatest fear is now a realization. The ambulance would not start this morning, error light shows "water in fuel". Of course I do not have money to have it fixed. So here I sit in Mobile, Al. with a half done conversion and vechile of no use to me now. Life definitely is a box of chocolates, but this one is going to be hard to swallow. Bob Wells warned about starting this without money for repairs. Just purchased this in May 2019. 2000 Ford E350 Econoline Type 11 Ambulance with a 7.3 Diesel Engine. :-/ [/font]
I want to thank everyone for your replies, I actually got the ambulance started and did not have any problems after that. In Oct 2019 I finished my conversion and sold the ambulance for double what I paid for it.