24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ravella - I'm listening to your song now. Good life!
It’s catchy, yes? And fits me well at this point.
My last theme song was Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine. I’ve built quite the danceable happy song playlist.

Congratulations... sounds like your on a good life journey. The hitch itch is a pretty common theme here. I sure can’t wait. I hope said opportunity helps you flourish and make your dreams possible. Maybe see you in the Q... safe travels, all 2 1/2 hours of it. Lol.
Well, Ben, we almost met 2 years ago in Q, but you left too quick and never came back. So get there. Sit. Stay 😏

Well, Ben, we almost met 2 years ago in Q, but you left too quick and never came back. So get there. Sit. Stay 😏

You forgot fetch... haha! I’ll be there... not good at sitting and staying. But I’ll do my best! Cool... as I’m sitting the loons are putting on a concert... a few minutes ago a couple owls were hooting it up. Nice night. Forecast is rain... but if there’s a clear spot in the right place we could see northern lights here tonight.

Quartzsite LaPosaSouth is a pretty much like any other very slow paced retirement village. The difference being the places you sleep in have wheels on them and not all of them are the same size and color. But people do mark out their territories by using rocks and often set out yard art too. Plenty of complaints such as you are too close to me and you make too much noise and your dog is pooping and pissing in my yard. It is way too crowded and boring for the younger generations to want to camp there. But perfect for those who are not ever going to venture very far outside the safety of living in urban neighborhoods. It actually does have patrols by the various policing types of law enforcement on the ground and in the air. You can even attend church there on Sundays. Dozens of "social clubs" too who cluster in group camps.

Twister is for kids. You might need to have an ambulance standing by for the over 50 crowd ,😆

Just mentioning scrabble I have a loss of words... haha! You have no idea what your missing TA. I’m worried Ravella is going to bring Twister!
Well Ben, I got interested in bringing Twister for a sec, but then I remembered that I have to get a JORB (google homestar runner + jorb) and if my jorb in Q is anything like my jorb here in Laughlin, I won’t have much energy left for twister. What a shame!

Yup! Planning to arrive sometime in December. I'm intending to stay up here through November, but a lot depends on the weather!
Great! I haven’t found anybody willing to play since we last played. Looking forward to it 😃

Ravella's Sour Dough bread for French toast and Ben's Maple Syrup sounds like a GOOD Combo !
You going to be the breakfast cook? I’ll even slice the bread and supply the butter 😁
Note to Ben: bring LOTS of that syrup, ya?

French toast on the menu for whatever day of the week becomes my Sunday. Dibs.

At least I got one task done today, chiseling out the hinge recesses on my 2 under the bed cabinet doors. Tomorrow's job is to rivet the hinges to the aluminum Angle face frame. Too lazy to do it this evening. It has been a partly cloudy as well as fairly chilly day here near Flagstaff but the miracle was it did not rain! With the chill though, my not so flexible fingers, told me it was time to dig deep into my bin boxes and get out my electrical reciprocating carving tool that is easy to control. It is only 50 watts AC so I can use a small inverter to power it without having to fire up my generator.

Once my build is done I will have more energy for doing stuff like some wood carving projects. But I would feel rather too guilty to do hobbies before I get my living space completed. Of course some might say renovating a 50 year old trailer is a several years long hobby indulgence which is of course an underlying truth. But at least it is not just a decorative object, it has real life, 24/7, function as shelter.

Maki2... that trailer is your home. Hobby? Kinda, but your creating a living space custom to your needs and to the degree of your liking. You can take great satisfaction in your results. I’ll be doing sort of the same. I’m trying to take care of the issues stuff before I leave. (More like before surgery)... I honestly thought I had a gray trailer. A little buffing reveals a black trailer... yikes... I’m staying out of the desert til I know it’ll be cool enough. Next spring I’ll probably paint it (professionally, I have a friend who’ll do it reasonably). I may be looking for shade cloths... already replaced fantastic fan in the bedroom/ garage area with a maxxi fan.may do the same in the bathroom.
Haha, my Twister comment was humor... I agree, we might want to forgo that one. I really don’t want to be splinting strained or broken appendages or creating landing zones for helicopters. Haha! Besides, my credentials expire in October and retirement feels good.
Great! I better scrounge up every drop of syrup I can find... haha! That sourdough bread sounds very enticing! Might even have some decent bacon since I have a good freezer.

Ben you could always paint it to match your truck.

Some people gave me a bad time about painting my trailer red. But other than white, red is the color next best for heat reflection.

Looking forward to what might be a nice day with a lot more in the way of clear skies. My battery was topped up with solar input by 7:30 even with the morning dew on it. Fleece pullover required when I woke up at 6am, feels a bit like fall here in higher elevation Northern Arizona.

Have kits to cut but it will wait until tomorrow. Going to have to motivate myself to rivet on those last two cabinet doors and some trim pieces need to get installed today as well. That will finish up the lower cabinet work.

The above counter cabinet for my solar controller needs a ventilated door made and installed. But I have not even gotten around to designing that door in 3D CAD so that I can create the measured drawings for cutting the parts. It is pretty much designed only in my head. I do have the materials to make that door. No real hurry on that door other than being tired of working on my build stuff and wanting to clear out excess materials and tools that will then no longer be needed.

Last edited: