24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! But keep a tight lip, otherwise you will cause a stampede. Only kidding, but seriously, Nevada mountains are a hidden gem to most Americans. I've been thinking about that area for decades! PS I live in AZ.

I didn’t have much of a choice….most gypsies live in houses or apartments these days anyways….and they love luxury & bling too….I’m getting too old to rough it….

Anyways …. Thank you for all the good wishes….

Attachments

• C1B7FAEB-C19B-4551-B254-FDD20C3BB227.jpeg
    C1B7FAEB-C19B-4551-B254-FDD20C3BB227.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 10
  • F2CCAADC-46C2-4D2A-99C0-36A08A606198.jpeg
    F2CCAADC-46C2-4D2A-99C0-36A08A606198.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 10
  • AAE3EB0C-B5BB-4BA5-9511-330D7A6AFA23.jpeg
    AAE3EB0C-B5BB-4BA5-9511-330D7A6AFA23.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 10
  • E2BDD071-C2CB-4BF4-A221-A5914A59422F.jpeg
    E2BDD071-C2CB-4BF4-A221-A5914A59422F.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 4C738B74-DF0E-4B01-A065-EF9612CC17EE.jpeg
    4C738B74-DF0E-4B01-A065-EF9612CC17EE.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 9
  • EA19D9C8-9892-4DBF-832D-980FF9A44F87.jpeg
    EA19D9C8-9892-4DBF-832D-980FF9A44F87.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 9
I didn’t have much of a choice….most gypsies live in houses or apartments these days anyways….and they love luxury & bling too….I’m getting too old to rough it….

Anyways …. Thank you for all the good wishes….

Attachments

• E5C39A9A-A47A-4AB6-9025-1A41357784B8.jpeg
    E5C39A9A-A47A-4AB6-9025-1A41357784B8.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 2
So yesterday I saw a couple of ladies sitting under a tree in a shopping mall. It was super hot so I thought should I offer them some water? I wouldn’t like to assume that just because someone is sitting under a tree they want a hand-out, but water on a hot day is more like just a courtesy right? ??

So turns out they had a couple of dogs, too. And the dogs were on a leash that connected them to each other but not to any of the humans. So they started running at me and barking and dragging this loopy leash behind them. And I kept saying ack! ack! and trying to jump out of the loop and every time I’d get out the dogs would loop back around and I would say ack! ack! and jump around some more. Evennnnnntually the ladies caught up with their dogs and it all ended well (they were very friendly and I imagine the dogs were more bark than bite), but dang I felt silly.

The moral of this story is that you don’t actually die of embarassment. Also, stay hydrated people, there’s a heat wave on.

Last edited:
Hello - I'm back......... missed you all. I'm still living in the travel trailer but it is back on my land where the fire was. My daughter and her family live here too, in their trailer. No house yet.

Gypsy - I'm so happy to read about your move to Nevada!!

So far, the grandchildren have been good neighbors. It is much more peaceful here than it was in the RV park where I stayed for a year.

After all the things I bought for van conversion - nothing got done. The "RV Guy" man who originally planned this with me is still willing to do his part, but he's 70 miles away. Plus there's the storage issue. A lot of my things are stored in the van and cargo trailer - so there's really no place to work inside the van. It is at a standstill right now. I'm thinking I still might get a home built here, and if that happens I can empty the van. That would be a good first step. But... I'm thinking it could be a year or more away.

Meantime, it is so nice to be here on this land again. Travel trailer life is working out well for me, and we've installed permanent RV electric hookups for two vehicles. We have all utilities turned on again.

Travelaround, good to hear from you and glad you are back on your own property, that is a major accomplishment!

I wrote to Naturelover at his personal email address a few weeks ago but have not gotten a response. He did ask for prayers a while back as he was having major health issues that were taking him off the road once again.

Hello again Wandering Rose and Maki. I read Nature Lover's thread and last post. Very disturbing. Hope he's okay.

Today I worked for a while at removing boxes from the van. I don't know when I might be able to travel again. Gas prices... all that. I'm more invested in staying home in my trailer these days and walking instead of driving. I think the van might end up as just an extra room here.. to be driven only for emergencies I guess.

Good to hear from you TA... grandkids is my biggest pull to spend more time out west. While I need to get away from even them sometimes this life on the road seems to work pretty good. My friends like it cause I’m more able like the last week I’ve been helping a friend who’s hiking the Superior Hiking Trail next to Lake Superior. Was cool and damp, but a great time helping shuttle around problem spots and resupply. I hope you can still build out your van as your trailer might not be as easy to bust away for a bit. You would have been a good candidate for the bring your own van event HOWA just put on... just glad your sticking to your guns and back on your land with good hookups and the whole shabang.

NatureLover update!!!!
Just got a reply to the email I sent him. He is still Van Living but with the benefit of staying at his family cabin in the mountains in Pennsylvania. He has no cell phone signal or internet connection at that location. That is why he is not posting in the forum so he asked me to update everyone.

If you do send him emails do not expect an immediate reply due to his limited ability to communicate. Of course I updated him on what some of our circle from this thread are doing. As well as my doings.

Because of the cost of gasoline Naturelover is not making frequent trips into the nearest town. So communication with him will be sporadic at best.

So wonderful to know Nature Lover is still vandwelling and cabindwelling and doing okay. What a relief to know he's not in some hospital again right now. Happy me. Thanks Maki for the update.

Ben, good to see you again - and RV Wandering too.

Today I got an unexpected but welcome visit from Qxxx as we knew him by on this forum. He was in town and was able to find my van and trailer. I enjoyed our visit and am so glad he stopped by. He recommended a book to me: The Epic of Gilgamesh... something I've never read, that I should read. Also a movie from the 50's I've never seen: Seventh Seal . . . . both are available on YouTube, I've just discovered. This is the first time I've met anyone from this forum! He camped here three days and now is on his way north to greener places. Honestly, my side of town has more than its share of dead trees because of the forest fire. I had 11 trees and now I'm down to about 5 and some of those are half burned and not as pretty as they were before the conflagration.

Sorry I missed that HOWA Bring Your Own Van event - one of these days I'll have to bite the bullet and do something like that. My poor van - I've had it two years and still it has only a floor and some insulation, and now the floor needs refinishing already. Right now it is being used for storage, unfortunately.... my cargo trailer is full.

The "Epic of Gilgamesh" is the oldest surviving hero epic in existence (it's Mesopotamian). It's the Mother source for many of the subsequent epics of the ancient world and many of the stories in well known Greek, Roman, and religious writings can trace their storylines back to it. Kind of difficult to follow since it's based on a really alien (to us) culture but the story itself echoes recognizable philosophical themes that have repeated again and again throughout Human history since.

Cheers!

Next year I might do urban camping during Memorial day 5 day weekend so I can get peace and quiet and avoid the overcrowded conditions in the forest. :rolleyes: