24/7 Chat About Anything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All ....

I haven't been posting much because i've been in a funk....lol

we are fortunate to have the luxury of the internet & to be able to communicate.....period........

my avatar changed when the forum changed over ( i have a blog on Wordpress & that is my Wordpress avatar ;)

I have no idea what i'm doing now......but i am safe & warm.....

If i had a ton of money things would be different.....but i'm playing it safe now....i know i shouldn't....lol........

The best to all ,

Peace

Sounds like your doing good to me. I've actually said several times this month to people around me that we should have been made with four arms and hands instead of just two. There is so much more a person could do without requiring someone to help with two more hands.

How cool to be so free from obligations that you "have no idea what [you're] doing now." Such freedom of choice! When you've decided on your new path, let us know! :unsure: :sneaky:

Today... I need to drive downtown to check the mail. I know I have several packages waiting there. I do not like going out. Also... I intend to film a video or two for my Booktube channel on YouTube.
Maybe you can make it an event with stops, explorations, a snack, pictures, video 🦄. Stay safe.

Hello All ....

I haven't been posting much because i've been in a funk....lol

we are fortunate to have the luxury of the internet & to be able to communicate.....period........

my avatar changed when the forum changed over ( i have a blog on Wordpress & that is my Wordpress avatar ;)

I have no idea what i'm doing now......but i am safe & warm.....

If i had a ton of money things would be different.....but i'm playing it safe now....i know i shouldn't....lol........

The best to all ,

Peace
Too bad because you are missing out on the various fans of " the Gypsy style" who are hosting gatherings all winter around Southern AZ including nearby to Quartzsite. The Gypsy campfire evenings include live music performances. Most of the gypsy caravan travelers dress the part as their daily wear when at home in their desert campsites. You would surely be among like minded souls who travel together instead being in a funk. The life you dreamed of is here and it is happening now. You just need to drive out of that safe zone to grab hold of it.

Drive Gypsy drive!

Did Yarc camp get a little feisty last night? Google earth had so la posa looking like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree in the night. All the pretty blue and red lights flashing. I knew something wasn’t right.

The technical geniuses at Google Earth are now live streaming YARC 24/7 for everyones amusement. Last night was x-tra special, we were hosting a potluck for the several flying saucers of newly arrived x-tra terrestrials. Too bad John and Camilla missed all the excitement.

Dang. I miss everything because I just can’t keep my eyes peeled after dark. It gets anywhere close to dusk and I’m moving towards my bed. Too bad because I’d like to stay up during the new moon and see the dark night skies.

Well Mr NorthCountryBen is in the Parker hospital......
He was working with me down here in Quartzsite on some carpentry to hold the solar for new guy Randy.......Ben was OK when he went home to his camp.....It was near dark....Hell, we're OLD....He was going to make pizza !
(He camps nearby with a friend.......His BIG dog gets wound up with all the noise around our camp)

Overnite Ben had some distress and called for EMT assistance.....(our phones are Notifications OFF)

He sez for now all the hospital is doing is X-rays and ice chips

Keep him in your thoughts ....a little Positive Energy

Too bad because you are missing out on the various fans of " the Gypsy style" who are hosting gatherings all winter around Southern AZ including nearby to Quartzsite. The Gypsy campfire evenings include live music performances. Most of the gypsy caravan travelers dress the part as their daily wear when at home in their desert campsites. You would surely be among like minded souls who travel together instead being in a funk. The life you dreamed of is here and it is happening now. You just need to drive out of that safe zone to grab hold of it.
OK, let's see if this will fly?

I want to set up my sound system, made to blast rats out of a canyon, and do live music in the style of Berlin School, with monster lead guitar expressions the like of David Gilmore of Pink Floyd on top, in almost total darkness, for the purpose of people sitting in darkness and watching the stars and satellites passing by. I love the music. I also discovered from my sister one camping that I love to sit in the dark and look up at the sky and see passing satellites. Here is an OK example of live star gazing music done with a nice sound system. I recommend earphones or good stereo speakers. Is this allowed in Quartzite?

This affternoon I stopped by Abnorm's campsite. NctryBen is supposed to bw back in his own camp this evening. He spent the morning sitting in his hospital room helping the folks at his home base firestation sort out some equipmeht issues.

Hospitals do have good wifi signals, 110v plugi-ns, TV with remotes, plus beds, bathrooms, cenral heating and even room service too. They even provide clothes and slippers. Truly clever idea Ben, I do think you deserve a You Ain't Right Club bagde for coming up with that clever way to spend a lot of hours online instead of sitting in the desert cussin at the Quartzsite slow Cell tower signals.

Its RTR time. I did drive by the WRTR site today. Was taking a friend to the library to check on using thei wifi for an important online meeting. The librarian is even going to set him up with a private room to use! Quartzsite library is a great community service for us Nomads and they have tons of videos you can check out for a week. Nomads can get a one year at a time library membership.

Playing loud amplified music on BLM land? The issue is lots of people who are out there go to bed early and get up around 4 or 5 am. There are official quiet hours. Try something different, record the playset, let the group download it to their device and listen to it on their portable headphones while your star viewing event takes place. The resident small creatures of the night will also appreciate not having amplified music going on during the prime evening, food gathering, time. They have very sensitive heaing so that they can detect the very slightest of sounds as they hunt for their meals.

Last edited:
Playing loud amplified music on BLM land?
I thought so. I have read that rule too. You see music in the park all over the place, in towns, in fully light polluted settings. It was just an idea. Not a bad idea making free music MP3 player stuff. Bring your own beer, bring your own chair, bring your own music player and earphones. Heck, all you need is a dark location and forget the get togethers. I think I'll sell my big speakers. No point in hauling them. Thanks, just brainstorming.

OK, let's see if this will fly?

I want to set up my sound system, made to blast rats out of a canyon, and do live music in the style of Berlin School, with monster lead guitar expressions the like of David Gilmore of Pink Floyd on top, in almost total darkness, for the purpose of people sitting in darkness and watching the stars and satellites passing by. I love the music. I also discovered from my sister one camping that I love to sit in the dark and look up at the sky and see passing satellites. Here is an OK example of live star gazing music done with a nice sound system. I recommend earphones or good stereo speakers. Is this allowed in Quartzite?

Consider that I'm an old fart - I don't go camping or head out in the great beyond to hear someone blasting music, sports or anything else not generated by nature. Coyotes/wolfs howling, birds that's all good, but, I want to hear the stars twinkle in the dark night sky. This is why I try to go 1-2 miles past the last camper I see. Or maybe I'm just an anti-social retired police chief. lol

This is why I try to go 1-2 miles past the last camper I see.
It's why I asked before ever doing it. I've been doing the great outdoor wilderness experience thing since 1970. I get the being quiet thing too. I was looking for like minded people that would like the experience. If all I get is people that want quite then at least I checked it out before disturbing the majority. In fact I would not do it if a single person objected. It looks like there will never be a good time for this. Nomads are a lot of work. Yep, that sounds like it's identifying group think where it more than likely does not exist. Or only in my own mind that is. Nothing is perfect. Altruism is nice, but rules have a way of wrecking some things. Thanks for speaking up.

There are groups that travel together, camp om BLM dispersed areas and have amplified music. The Facebook group Nomadness chatter will connect you to their gathering and they have a list of other events as a calender pinned to the top of their group page. You do not have to get rid of your speakers, you just need to find a like minded tribe to travel with. That lets you avoid issues as no one is likely to hang around who is sensitive to partying with music and sometimes coordinated lightshows.

Hmm, thanks. There goes the neighborhood... I love it. Sounds just like it's worth checking out. LOL, laser beams on the canyon walls.

Yes, I made like Nature Lover and escaped! Only this wasn’t a nursing home. Haha! Think again maki2... the hospital in Parker? Let’s just say the amenities were a bit short of your list. They did bring me some Luke warm water yesterday morning to wash with in one of those pans.Shared a toilet with the patient in the room next doors guest! Had to ask for an actual wash cloth. I won’t comment on the actual care... we’ll just say nurses phenomenal... doctors, eh? Communications? None... I still don’t know what they found in the several X-rays and CT scans. Only that they weren’t sure what they saw. I’ll leave out the worst of it though. I’m traumatized thinking about it! Haha!
Enjoy the rtr folks. I’m still buckling over if I walk to far. Not sure what the next step will be...
Oh, but abnorm... thanks! Your a great guy to know. Fun to watch you create on the fly your projects for people. Heart of gold The Doug, he is!