2014 Tundra Bed Liner

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief

Reaction score
Hi All. 

Anyone pull the bed liner out ? It looks like I'm losing a few inches everywhere, especially in the front bottom corners of the bed. 

Thanks,
Joe

No sure what you mean by losing inches, but after you pull it out what are you looking for?

Short answer is more room. It seems the bed liner just eliminates some space, it has to be smaller than the bed to fit inside.

I took mine out when I bought a truck shell, but in hindsight, I should have kept it on. The liner will keep the dust out when going on dirt roads. The truck bed has tons of holes and crevasses which the liner takes care of.

If you're talking about the plastic tub things, then get rid of it anyway. Road vibrations cause them to jiggle back and forth, wearing the paint off in spots. Then they trap moisture between the liner and bed. That speeds the rusting of the spots where the paint was rubbed through. This is why spray-on bed lining has become so popular.

My 2013 Tacoma has a plastic bed no liner and the metal sides are bolted to it so no removing it. Does the Tundra have a liner or a plastic bed?

Tundra has a metal bed with one of those old school one piece plastic liner.

The spray on liners would do the trick but I’m scared of it off gassing throughout its lifetime. I don’t want to breathe in the VOC while sleeping in the truck bed.

Latest posts